33|Healed

Addilyn woke up in pain. Then passed out again. That's been the entire cycle for the past 5 days. I need her. Her daughter needs her. So I yelled that at her.

It didn't work. 

"Addilyn, please, please wake up. I can't do this without you. Please. I love you."

"Lynny, I miss you. Your daughter misses you. Please. I love you."

"Lyn, I need you, please. I love you." 

Begging didn't work either.

_____

I wake up to Clover crying. I open my eyes to see Addilyn holding her, cooing her as any mother should. Clover stops crying just as I begin. I rush over to the two of them.

"Oh thank god.! I was so scared, Lyn, so scared," I cry into her shoulder. 

"Davey, I'm in pain," she smiles softly. 

"I know, it will go away! Lynny, your stutter is gone!" I exclaim. Wait, how is her stutter gone? Am I dreaming? Please don't tell me I'm dreaming. That thought makes me cry more.

"No, Davey. You know what this is, I know you do. You're so smart. This is our cahnce to say goodbye, my love.   love you so much, Davey, I promise I do, but my time is up. I don't have a choice, if I did I'd choose you," she explains. "In any every world I'd choose you. No matter what happens, Davey, I promise I would choose you in every world. It's time for me to go. I needed to see her. I needed to see you. You'll be okay, David. I promise. Raise her well for me. Hug Ashton for me," she's crying, but her smile stays strong. Her love stays strong. How am I supposed to explain this to her family? Poor Ash, poor poor Ash.

"Kiss me goodbye, Lynny," I demand. She does. And then it begins to fade. "Lynny, please don't leave me! I can't do this alone, I'm scared.

"Our daughter needs you, my love. Go to her. I love you most. I promise I do. You will be okay, I'll always been watching." then she's gone and I'm awake. 

Clover is crying, nurses are shouting. Everything becomes a blur. You were the only one for me in every lifetime.

 I can't breathe without you. No one can. You were the brightest star of all Addilyn. Nothing will ever change that. Not even death. Not even you. 

_____

A/n: Today is a double update day, as the end of our story.