30| Best Day of My Life

_____
+Our story ended too soon.+
_____

[Best Day of My Life]

I graduate today. I'm terrified. My mum, brother, and sister are all here. David's mum is here too. My dad wanted to come, but Talia filed for a restraining order against him. I'm glad she did. I don't think I'm ready to see him. I don't think I'll ever be ready to see him. That, and he's in jail.

I stand with my group of friends and lovely boyfriend, waiting for them to tell us to throw our caps.

"Take your string from the left and put it on the right," the announcer states. We all do and stand there waiting impatiently for him to call it. He does and we all scream and jump up and down with each other.

I kiss David, wishing this moment would never end. I head to Ashton and pick him up into a hug, spinning him around.

Neither of us ever though we would make it this far after mum died. We proved ourselves wrong. We proved anyone who's ever doubted us wrong. It feels great. We both know it too.

I put him down and he wipes my tears, "You made it, Lynny. You made it."

I hug Talia and thank her a million times. She's crying. We're all crying. This is the best day of my life.

_____

Remember four years ago when I said that my high school graduation was the best day of my life? I take it back. Today is. It's my college graduation. We all landed at the same college which came as a surprise to us all.

All of us, except David, we're stood here, graduating today. David didn't go to our college. He went to Berkley. I love him, and of course I don't mind the fact he graduated a week ago, yet was 'too busy' to come to my graduation even though I hauled my butt to his.

Okay, I mind a little bit.

I was hurt and angry and did not expect to see him here tonight. So, of course, when he was right behind me, down on one knee, with a ring -- bright and bold in my face, I cried, screamed, and jumped with joy.

I threw myself into his arms, hugging him as tightly as I could saying yes over and over again.

_____

I take it back. The best day of my life is today. It's my wedding day. 1 year later, our dream wedding is coming true. We're in my hometown in London, at this beautiful park where Ash and I threw our mums ashes in the pond a few years back.

I wanted to feel like my mum was here and this was her favourite place in world. She loved to be here, we all loved to be here. We have flowers, pictures, wine, food, and most importantly, our family.

David's mum is here, our friends are here, my mum, sister, and brother are here. Our world is here, in this moment, right now. This is the best day of my life. I never thought I'd end up here. Me and David have had a few rough patches and my life has had more than a few rough patches, but being here is everything.