14

AS I drove towards Elle's school, my mind flashed back to when Addison had offered me a ride. I took a deep breath, as I spotted the girls, and pulled over, so they could hop into the back seat, "Hi, Mom."

"Hey, Miss Kepner."

I smiled at them, before I drove off, "my Mom's bailing on me," Aria groaned and I took a glance at her through the rearview mirror to see that her eyes were focused on the screen of her phone.

"Tell her you forgot to pack tampons, and ask if she could drop them off, and we'll make her stay," Elle suggested, though I doubted that plan would have worked.

"She won't buy that. My period ended last week. And she keeps track of my cycle, so if I'm one day late, she starts having a panic attack," Aria explained.

I kept my eyes on the road, but still listened to their conversation, "I use the morning after pill," Elle said and my eyes immediately widened. I felt as though my heart had left my chest, as I gripped the steering wheel firmly. Oh my fucking God, my daughter's having sex. She seemed to realize what slipped out of her mouth, and stuttered out something incoherent.

"I didn't know that you have a boyfriend," I said. My entire face was flushed, and I could imagine that hers was, as well.

"I don't. It was a one-time thing, Mom, I promise. It was a mistake, and I'm going to wait for the right person the next time I do it."

Aria scoffed, "you and your sacred cherry, but I feel ya' though, I haven't gotten laid in weeks."

"Sex is something special. You shouldn't give out to boys at such a young age. If they really like you, they can wait, if they can't, they don't deserve you," cut the crap, Samantha. You've fucked too many women, who you didn't give a damn about, when you were their age.

"Yeah, right. I walked in on Mom having sex with someone. I got the hell out of there as soon as she bribed me, so that I wouldn't ask her anything about it," and that was me. Gosh, I'm such a slut.

Elle said, "my Mom always has her boyfriend over, who is also her ex-husband. Do you know how weird it is when I go to eat breakfast in the morning? I mean the dude is super weird."

"Would you like me to talk to your mom about that?" I asked, very concerned about who was around Elle. I didn't trust that man one bit.

"No, he seems to make her happy, and I don't want to ruin that. But since we're on that topic, I want to talk to you about something."

I hummed.

"Elle wants my mom to adopt her," Aria blurted.

"Shut up, Aria, that's not it, Mom," Elle confirmed, though I knew that already, "as you know, I'm turning eighteen in a few weeks."

"If this is about me getting you a car, I told you when you graduate, and I find that you're capable of the responsibility, then I will."

"No, not that, but I do think you should reconsider. But I actually wanted to talk about me moving in with you," I was surprised, and felt a warm feeling wash over me, "you know for the rest of my senior year, before I go to college."

"That would be great, are you sure you want to do that though? You know it will definitely upset your mother."

"Mom, it's my life, and I want to spend more time with you."

I sighed, as I parked the car, "I have no objections," I clarified, "just talk to your mother," I turned to look at her, and she nodded.