PROLOGUE

Emilia is a 17 year old girl in grade 11 in highschool. She's bestfriends with a girl named Veronica and has a passion for painting.

She lives with her grandparents; Iolanda and Guilio. Her parents died when she was 10 due to a car crash.

Emilia never really leaves the house unless it's to hang out with Veronica. The reasoning of not leaving her house is because of a guy named Ethan. Ethan is guy in her school that is a grade above her and has been bullying her ever since fourth grade. That's how she met Veronica.

When Emilia was 10 years old, Veronica found her crying in the girls bathroom at school. Since then, Veronica hasn't left her side and made her feel like she had a purpose again, but just because she found a friend as sweet as Veronica doesn't mean Ethan stayed away from her.

Emilia found ways to avoid seeing Ethan in the hallways at school, but she wasn't always successful. Some days he would embarrass her infront of the whole school and pick on her for being too tall or too skinny. This made Emilia self conscious about her body and made her feel like she wasn't good enough. Not good enough to fit in. And she didn't.

Emilia didn't fit in with the others. All she had was Veronica and her grandparents.