ch 14

We both explained the whole story to my nonna and nonno on the ride home and believe me when I tell you they weren't shocked. Turns out they got a call from a mental hospital earlier today saying they had recently lost one of their patients with the same last name as us. Want to guess who the patient was? Thought so. Makes sense why my Zio just decided to show up now, after eight years.

Me and Ethan made our way up to my room. His face was still all bruised and scratched, but he still looked cute. We entered my room and the first thing Ethan did was go towards my paintings. He lightly brushed his hands against the canvas, feeling the texture of the dried oil paint beneath his fingers. "They're beautiful." He whispered, then turned to me and looked into my eyes. "You're beautiful." He put his hand on my cheek and smiled. "So so beautiful." He said. Then he finally did it. He kissed me. He was so gentle. He was so sweet. I could see he enjoyed the strawberry taste of my lip balm. I smiled, breaking the kiss. "Emilia. I've always adored you. I've always thought you were so beautiful and sweet and kind. And i'm so sorry for all the shit I did before. All because I was jealous. Jealous I couldn't have you. Maybe if fourth grade me didn't bully you so much I would've kissed you sooner." He looked down at me with apologetic eyes. "It's okay, Ethan. I forgive you." I kissed him again.

"You can destroy me over and over, and I will always forgive you."