Chapter Seven Gringotts

[Harry and Hagrid continue walking down Diagon Alley]

Harry: But, Hagrid, how am I to pay for all this? I haven't any money.

"Well, of course, our vault your a Potter we're filthy rich my son I would say the most riches out of the wizarding family," said James.

"As if Potter," said Lucius Malfoy.

"Okay no one cares and plus I'm the richest out of all of you I'm a Black, Potter, and Romanova," said Nadia winking at James and Lucius.

"She does have a point dad," added Harry.

Hagrid: Well, there's your money, Harry. [he points to a tall, white, marble building, Gringotts Bank] Gringotts, the Wizard Bank. T'aint no place safer, 'cept perhaps Hogwarts.

"So true 'cause it's a bank plus a wizarding bank," said Lily.

The future generation snickers trying not to laugh.

"What's so funny," asked Narcissa.

"Oh please don't tell me you guys broke in the wizarding bank," said Natalia.

"You'll see," said Harry smiling cheekily at his mother-in-law.

[Inside the bank, they walk down the shiny aisle, passing tiny creatures working at their desks.]

Harry: Uh, Hagrid, what exactly are these things?

Hagrid: They're goblins, Harry. Clever as they come goblins, but not the most friendly of beasts. Best stick close to me. [Harry sticks to him. Hagrid clears his throat as they approach a counter with a goblin, wearing spectacles and a waistcoat, in it.] Mr. Harry Potter wishes to make a withdrawal.

[The goblin looks up.]

Goblin: And does Mr. Harry Potter have his key?

Hagrid: Oh. Wait a minute. Got it here somewhere. Hah. There's the little devil. [Whispers] Oh, and there's something else as well. [Takes out a letter wrapped in a string.] Professor Dumbledore gave me this. [Hagrid hands the Goblin the letter.] It's about you-know-what in vault you-know-which.

"How deep are his pockets," asked a third-year Hufflepuff.

"You do not want to know," answered Ron.

Goblin: Very well.

[Later, they race down the depth caverns in a cartlike structure. The cart stops, a goblin called Griphook, clambers out.]

Griphook: Vault 687. Lamp, please. [Hagrid hands him the lamp and he walks to the vault] Key, please.

[Hagrid hands him the key and Griphook unlocks the vault. The room is filled nearly top to bottom with coins. Harry is amazed.]

"See how much we have son," said James.

"Your father is very childish but that explains a lot though," said Nadia.