} AUTHOR'S NOTE {

Holy shit guys! Where do I even start with this?

I wrote this fanfic back in 2017, between seasons one and two of Unsolved. Back then, it was the very first of its kind. Seriously, I searched for ShanexRyan fanfics out of curiosity and when I couldn't find any, I decided that I would just have to write my own.

And look how much we've grown since then! In #BuzzfeedUnsolved, there's over 500 stories.

With that many options to choose from, I'm absolutely honored that you guys are still choosing to read this one, despite how outdated it may be. Seriously, when I say this is outdated, it REALLY is.

There's very very few, if any, of the inside jokes or lore that we have today because none of that was around back when I wrote this. In fact, Ryan and Shane hadn't even filmed the Eastern State Penitentiary episode until months after I'd finished writing!

So for those of you that I've noticed in the comments wondering if there's any Demon Shane, Hot Daga, Ricky Goldsworth, or any of those other fun things here: Sorry guys! That's a bit too "modern day" for this fanfic!

Another thing I've noticed in the comments is a few people speculating as to whether this is smut or not, so I just wanted to clear up that, as it says in the description, there is no holy water needed here.

I was probably about fourteen when I wrote this and, being on the asexual spectrum, was just starting to dip my toes into writing romance and relationships so while you absolutely will find a few purely accidental sexual references, nothing ever goes above fluff.

Speaking of your comments, over the past five years since I've published this, you guys have racked up an insane 1k+ comments! I want you to know that I've read every single one of them and all of you really know how to make me laugh. You're all super funny and extremely kind and supportive of me. It really makes my day every time I get a notification from this story because I never expected something that I wrote as literal child would still be attracting so much attention today. Thank you so much for helping me achieve this!

I think I've gushed enough so I just want to say one last time that I'm so grateful for every single one of you! Thank you to the people who've read more than once! Thank you to the people who stayed up til 3 am fangirling over Ryan's confession or screaming that the ghost is homophobic! Thank you to everyone who also read the sequel, Lost, my oneshot book, or my short fanfic, Aokigahara! Thank you to those who, after reading this, were inspired to write their own and help this little corner of Wattpad grow! Thank you all so so much!!