} ONE {

Shane's POV

Ghosts aren't real. I've known that for years. However I do have to admit that this place was kind of creepy. I could just feel it's eerie past leaking from the walls as I walked down the hallway, beside my best friend, Ryan.

Both of us were covered in cameras, each one recording and ready to pick up the slightest hint of paranormal activity, whether or not it were to happen. Aware of the fact that our every move was being documented for the latest episode of Buzzfeed Unsolved, I shuffled closer to Ryan and put an arm around his shoulders, anyway.

Instantly, the slight shivers running up and down his body subsided and when he smiled up at me, I could see how much calmer he looked.

"We've barely started recording! Don't crap your pants already!" I joked. My best attempt at lightening the mood.

It worked. The haunted look on his face exploded into a smile.

"Shut up Shane." He laughed, pulling my arm off of him to show he wasn't scared.

We continued farther into the dark, deserted building, our footsteps echoing behind us until we reached our destination. It was a stairway, ascending to the second floor. We stopped just before it and set up a tripod and a few lights. Not enough to light the darkness around us but at least it lit our faces for a decent quality video. I took a seat on one of the steps and waited for Ryan to be ready.

"Today on Buzzfeed Unsolved, we're exploring the Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania!" Ryan announced to the camera, mustering up all his courage to keep his voice steady. "This place has a history of suicide, madness, disease, murder, and torture, and it is believe to be haunted."

"So of course, we're gonna spend the night here!" I add when Ryan had finished. "I'm actually pretty excited for this. How about you?"

"Not at all. The sooner we get out of here, the better." He states, looking around at the darkness enveloping us.

After a quick glance at his script, Ryan begins to recite the building's history, with skeptical side comments from me.

We had been recording for a few minutes and I could tell that reading to the camera was helping to keep Ryan's mind off of the creepiness of the place, when a loud fluttering noise came from down the hall.

I laughed as Ryan jumped and grabbed onto my arm as tightly as he could.

"Bats." I stated, staring in the direction of the noise and patting Ryan's back slightly to calm him down. He was breathing heavily and I could feel his heart pounding against my side.

"Just... just keep reading your stuff." I motioned to the paper in his hand, trying to distract him from what just happened.

As he began to read again, still tense from the bats, a low creak sounded somewhere else in the building.

"Shane..." Ryan whispered, his eyes wide as he moved closer to me. "I don't think I can make it. I wanna go home." He was almost crying.

"We can't! We've got fans waiting for this episode!" I exclaimed. His eyes were watery and I was starting to get concerned. What if he got too scared to go on?

He continued to look at me, silently pleading with me to give in and go home with him. We couldn't just abandoned the episode for one creepy noise, though!

"Ryan, it's an old building. Old buildings make noises. Think of all the other places we've been to. Think of all the scary noises we've heard. Remember the Sally House? Surely this place can't be as bad as that!" I said, giving him my best pep talk.

"Okay," he nods "You're right. I can do this." He replied, taking deep breaths to calm himself. "Let's just get back to filming."

We recorded a few more minutes of Ryan's commentary before packing up our lights and camera and venturing deeper into the dark penitentiary guided only by our dim flashlights.

"S-so this chair is known as the torture chair." Ryan stuttered, as we entered a room containing a chair that looked almost as if it had come from a barber shop. "Back when th-this place was used as a prison, inmates were tortured here."

"I wanna sit in it." I firmly declared, with a shocked look from Ryan.

"O-ok? Go ahead but it's not my fault if you die." He said.

"Alright." I replied, moving closer to the chair. It looked old and worn out. Suddenly, I wasn't so sure if I wanted to do this anymore.

I shook the thought from my head quickly. It was just a chair. Nothing was going to happen. Then I took a seat and looked at Ryan, giving him a wide smile.

Almost immediately a strong sense of dread washed over me. I felt as if something was chaining me to the chair and for a moment I couldn't move. A slight gust of wind brushed past me and I glanced at Ryan who was standing, wide eyed, on the other side of the room. I couldn't tell him what I'd just felt, it'd make him so scared.

"Ghosts who've died here, I know you probably don't like this place, and you've probably got a lot of anger, but we're just here to record you for YouTube. We're not here to do anything else so... whisper in my ear or something." I called out, trying to look brave.

Almost out of nowhere I heard an unintelligible whisper just next to my left ear. I fought back the urge to scream and looked again at Ryan.

"Nothing. Nobody here." I stated, quickly standing and walking away from the torture chair.

"Well if your so sure about that, why don't I sit in it?" He said, as if he was trying to show his bravery. I knew he couldn't sit in that chair. He's too scared of ghosts. If the same thing happened to him that had happened to me, he could possible cry on camera. If anyone saw footage of him that scared, he wouldn't be taken seriously again for months.

"Uh, no. Don't sit in it. Your gonna feel some sort of 'scary apparition' and freak out on me." I said, trying to pass off my refusal as a joke.

"No I'm not! You sat in it and you were fine!" He replied, getting frustrated at me for thinking he wasn't brave enough.

"It's the same thing that happens every episode. You get scared of something nonexistent and I don't believe you. C'mon we've got the rest of the place to look around, anyway." I stated and walked out of the room with Ryan obediently following behind me.

A/N: Thanks for reading guys! This is my first time writing horror, plus I don't have much experience with romance (#ForeverAlone) so I really hope you enjoyed this. If you did, please be sure to leave a like and add The Love Story Of Cellblock Four to your library. Also, if you have any questions or ideas for future parts, please leave a comment. Feedback is always appreciated and it helps me to know that you want me to continue writing. Thank you again for reading and I'll see you next chapter. :)