} BONUS CHAPTER - SEVEN {

A/N: So I've gotten a few comments regarding the ghost that haunts Shane and Ryan in this fanfic and I decided to write a backstory for it, because why not? There is currently 3.72k reads on this and I appreciate how much you have enjoyed it. To thank you for reading, whether you read each part as it was posted or are just now reading it, I've come up with this bonus chapter for you. Enjoy!

This is set sometime in the mid to late 1900s
*No smut involved but there is a sexual situation. Read at your own risk.

Prisoner B-2378

My name.

Cell #19, cellblock four, first floor.

My home.

I don't mind the prison much. They serve me three meals a day. I am isolated from the harsh outside world. However, what I do mind are the thoughts that swarm my head.

I sit alone in the cold cell, staring blankly at the empty wall. No matter how hard I try, I will never forget the day I was sent here. The memory plays over and over in my head.

"I love you." I had told her.

"I could never love anybody more than you." She had said to me. It was a lie.

I sit on my prison bed and clench my hands. I had trusted her.

The day started off well. I left my home and walked down the street, greeting neighbors as I went. Nobody knew what was soon to happen.

We had run out of milk and I was just running out to buy some more. I stepped into the store with plans to do just that. I hadn't planned for anything else to happen that day.

I put the carton of milk on the counter to pay for it.

"Eyeing those hatchets?" The cashier had asked me, noticing that I had been looking at a nearby display.

"Yeah. It seems that I've somehow misplaced mine." I replied, casually.

"They're a fairly decent price." He told me, handing me my change.

I walked over, picking one up and examining it. It would be a nice replacement for the missing one, I had thought.

Turning the hatchet over and over in my hand, I returned to the cashier and handed him a wad of money. "I'll take it."

I'd taken my purchases and walked home along the bright Philadelphia streets. Normally at that time of day I'd have been at work, but I was enjoying a day off that morning.

When I arrived home, I had pushed the front door open and stepped inside.

"I'm home!" I'd called to my wife, but received no response. "Hello?"

Wondering where she was, I had climbed up the stairs and walked down the hallway to our bedroom. I remember hearing strange noises, as I came closer to the door and opened it.

What I saw inside made me drop the brand new milk carton I was holding, spilling it all over the clean floor.

My wife was in bed with another man.

Surprised by my sudden appearance, they both shuffled to quickly cover themselves.

"I- how- what-" I was at a loss for words "I thought you loved me?!" I yelled.

"What is this?!" I screamed louder, watching as my their faces changed from shock to fear.

"I thought you said you could never love anyone else?" My hand tightened around the handle of the hatchet that I was still holding.

"I trusted you!" I moved closer.

They both scrambled to escape, but I was blocking the door.

By the time my wife was dead, it was too late to even attempt to cover my tracks. The man had gotten away. Only minutes later, I was arrested.

I sit here rotting in this prison cell, trying so hard to forget.

Someday, somehow, I'll make sure that nobody who enters this prison will ever fall victim to love.