} FIVE {

I woke up with Ryan next to me in bed. My arm was still around him, but he had rolled over in the night and his head was no longer on my shoulder. I smiled, as he slowly opened his eyes and looked around the room.

"We're alive!" He exclaimed, sitting up.

I laughed. "Yeah, I'm sure the ghost is in the room next door. He wanted to get a good night's sleep before killing us." I joked, also sitting up in the bed.

Ryan reached over and grabbed the information book from the bedside table. Flipping through it he stated, "There's breakfast downstairs for the next hour. We should head down. They're probably waiting for us."

I nodded in approval and shuffled out of bed. Ryan went to the bathroom while I got dressed. A few minutes later, we were ready to go. We walked down the hall and hit the button for the elevator.

"So... uh.. crazy night." Ryan said, awkwardly. I laughed, turning to look at him.

"I'd say crazy is a bit of an understatement." I told him.

"Yeah, true." He replied, stepping onto the elevator as the doors opened. He hit the first floor button and we waited in silence as the doors closed. "Let's just not talk about it anymore. Forget it ever happened." He finally continued, breaking the silence.

"Which part? The ghosts or the fact that we like eachother?" I ask.

"Well... which part would you rather forget?" He replied.

I pretended to think for a moment, although the answer was obvious. "I could never forget how much I care for you." I told him.

Ryan smiled. "So we'll forget the ghosts but if we're gonna remember the rest, we might as well make it official. I mean... if you want to" He said, avoiding making eye contact with me.

I reached down and took his hand in my own. He looked up at me with hopeful eyes and I smiled. "Of course I want to." I said.

"We've got a ton of footage. What are we gonna do with it?" He asked, changing the topic.

"Just say we lost it all." I answered.

"That works." He said, quickly letting go of my hand as the elevator came to a stop. The doors slid open and Ryan stepped out, quickly followed by me.

We walked through the lobby to where a small group of our coworkers were sitting around a table, eating breakfast. They all looked up as we approached.

"Hey guys, the penitentiary called. Apparently you left some stuff there last night." Brent said.

"Oh yeah... we did." I replied. "We didn't wanna stay any longer than we had to so we figured we'd go back and get it later today."

Brent accepted my lie and went back to eating his food. "So the two of us can drive back there and get it after we're done eating." He told me as I sat down across from him.

I really didn't want to go back there but I was determined to keep the events of last night a secret. "Yeah sure." I said as Ryan sat down next to me. I felt his hand slip into mine under the table. Looking around, I saw that no one else seemed to notice the two of us discreetly holding hands.

After breakfast, Brent and I got in his car and drove through the busy streets. I began to feel uneasy as we got closer and closer to our destination, but I pushed the feeling aside. Soon, we had arrived and I slowly stepped out of the car. We made our way inside and I followed Brent through the hallways.

"It was down here that you'd slept right?" He asked me, gesturing to cellblock four.

I nodded. "Yeah. One of these cells."

We walked down the long line of cells. I avoided looking around at my surroundings and just focused on getting out quickly. Brent, on the other hand, glanced into each cell we past.

"Here it is!" He said, finally finding the one that contained our things.

I picked up my sleeping bag and Brent picked up Ryan's, each of us beginning to roll them up. As we did so, I glanced around the room, my eyes landing on the place where Ryan had hugged me and confessed his feelings to me. I noticed our camera and tripod still in its place in the corner of the room and walked over to turn it off. Once we'd had everything ready, Brent handed me Ryan's sleeping bag and I followed him out of the cell and down the hall.

When we'd reached the end of the hall, Brent spotted an employee in an office on the opposite side of the room and went to talk with him. While they exchanged casual conversation, I stood alone at the entrance to the cellblock, staring towards the cell Ryan and I had slept in.

"You must think it's funny." I stated, quietly so neither Brent nor the employee would hear me. "You must be so proud of what you did last night and someday you'll tell your ghost grandchildren the funny story about the stupid people you scared. It's not a funny story though. It was the beginning of a love story." I stopped to think before adding, "The love story of cellblock four!"

"Shane? Ready to go?" Brent called to me.

I turned and followed him out of the building, clutching the sleeping bags and camera to my chest. As I inhaled, I could smell Ryan's scent.

Getting in the car, I threw our stuff in the backseat and buckled my seatbelt before Brent started driving. As we rolled down the street, I could barely keep myself from laughing. A ghost had been the start of Ryan and I's relationship.

A/N: So you might be able to tell that this is starting to come to a close. I originally intended to write this as a short story and it actually turned out even longer than I had expected but it's still pretty short. There will sadly only be one part left, but don't worry! I'm working on a sequel! I'm not gonna give you very much information right now (coughcoughTheTryGuyscough) but you will hear more about it later. Until then, thank you for reading. Be sure to vote for this part of The Love Story Of Cellblock Four and let me know your opinions on it. I love hearing from you guys and I'll be sure to upload the last part soon.