One less worry

Dazais p.o.v. During the last chapter

The moment Dazai walked into the cafe below the armed detectives agency, he noticed Yosano sitting alone at a table working on her laptop. He went and ordered a coffee before sitting across from her.

"You look stressed." Said Dazai knowingly. Not that Yosano knew how much dazai had already heard from the other party involved in what was causing her stress.

She finally looked up from her laptop with an exhausted look on her face, she simply sighed and nodded in agreement before looking back down onto her laptop.

Dazai kept staring at her eyes even though she wasn't returning the act. He held up the eye-to-face contact for about 2 minutes before Yosano finally caved and turned her laptop off.

"What do you want Dazai?" Asked Yosano with a slight tinge of annoyance. Dazai raises his arms in surrender with a slight smirk.

He replies slowly with "nothing, I was just thinking about what could be causing you such stress, the agency has been pretty low key recently."

She tapped the nails on her left hand rhythmically against the table as though she were playing a song. She raised her head to make direct eye contact only to see Dazais face waiting for a reply.

When she didn't reply he just decided to continue his train of thought. "Though being honest, I have a pretty good feeling I know what's causing the stress."

Yosano's emotionless face quickly changed to something that displayed her inner thoughts. Fear.

One of the few things that the members of the armed detectives agency were quick to learn about Dazai is when he says he has a feeling, he's always right. So for Yosano to be on the receiving end of the statement, she felt her heart rate quicken. She had good reason for that to happen, due to her past.

Dazai lifted up his left hand to place it on his cheek as he waited for Yosano to speak, to confirm what he already knew.

"I'm In a relationship, with someone from an organization that we fight against. Their boss found out and I'm worried about what will happen." She said as tears started swelling up in her eyes.

She continued. "we always said we wouldn't let our relationship get in the way of our work, but with the guild and port Mafia stuff happening, it's almost impossible for it not to get in the way. And I know what kind of person their boss is, he's not the type to let something like a relationship happen." The tears that once sat restlessly in her eyes finally spilled. "I just don't know what to do Dazai... I'm not ready to give up on them when we've barely just begun but I can't turn my back on the agency either. I hate being in this position. I hate it."

Yosano sat looking at her hands as her thumbs twiddled like she were trying to fight a thumb war against herself. Dazai started to giggle a little bit, knowing something that she didn't. He's known for the ability to attempt suicide and not die, not for his ability to comfort people. In the end he has to try.

"Yosano, did she tell you directly that her boss said she wasn't allowed to date a non-port mafia member?"questioned dazai, even though he already knew the answer.

She shook her head In reply. He took that as a sign to continue. "And did her boss tell you directly that she wasn't allowed to date you?" She shook her head again.

"And did you hear from anybody else in the port mafia or even the armed detectives agency, that you weren't allowed to date somebody from outside your organization?" She shook her head one last time, before her eyes widened.

"Dazai, I never said it was a women, or that she was in the port mafia." Queried Yosano, as she feared she already knew what he would say next.

Dazai gave her a look that says 'do you really think I'm that dumb'.

He made the decision to give a little backstory to what he was trying to say. "I know you're dating Kouyou Ozaki, I saw you guys at a bar a month ago. You don't need to worry because I haven't told anyone, though I'm sure Ranpo has figured it out..." Yosanos breath hitches." But I'm sure he hasn't told anyone either, you can let the agency know when you're ready."

He waited a moment for Yosano to reply, before he realized he wasn't going to get one. He sighed heavily before realizing what he would have to do to provide her with the comfort she needs.

"You don't know this, but I handle all of the agency's ties with other
organizations , meaning from time to time I will meet up with presidents, bosses, or employees of other organizations. I have already held a meeting with Mori about the two of you, and we made the choice the not put you two up against eachother in combat so you have nothing to worry about." He says gently.

Yosanos face starts to reflect a whole bunch of emotions including, confusion, relief, and happiness. The confusion on her face becomes prominent as she questions him. "Why are you In charge of that."

Dazai planned for many things but he didn't plan for her to question him. He pondered for a second or two before deciding on a half truth.

"Well during my time at the agency, I've become quite well known in many of the organizations on this side of the word, due to the fact I've made allies for the agency during my travels. Word spreads fast and next thing you know, the president has appointed me head of communication with outer organizations." He states with a smile on his face. Yosano doesn't look quite convinced but she nods her head as though she is.

For a couple moments the two just sit in silence breathing in the coffee scented air, just enjoying the others company. Then Dazai checks his phone and realizes he has a lunch date with his mom(mother-in-law) and is supposed to meet her in five minutes outside the building.

"I'm going to have to cut this short, I have a lunch date." He sung with a flirty wink.

Yosano rolled her eyes in response." Let me guess, you asked her to commit double suicide with you?"

Dazai clutched his heart as though he felt an intense pain." I would never, though she does have blinding vitality..." he says while trailing off about different suicide methods.

The two ex-mafiascos walked upstairs and were met with a room that was dead silent.