Chapter 3: Moony

Hermione shifted uncomfortably under the cloak.

This felt wrong. Being in Harry's dead father's dorm room with her Defense of the Dark Arts professor and someone who she believed to be a murderer until earlier today without them knowing her presence. And they were young too. About 15?

She recognised them as room as they walked in. Remus' hair was practically the same with less grey, and his face looked more relaxed and had fewer stress lines. His sleeves were rolled up, displaying beautiful silver scars like the one on his face. His face beamed, a youthful glow that was obviously lost later due to war and pain. He looked so scruffy yet devilishly handsome. He is a werewolf after all. She wondered if Sirius knew at this point.

Sirius looked very different - likely Azkaban's doing. His raven hair is shiny and silky, not tousled like it is in the present day. He's a lot smaller and naive-looking, it broke Hermione's heart knowing this jolly boy soon gets 12 innocent years taken off of his life. His eyes had a pure playful glint to them, and he wore a grin, showing perfect white teeth, unlike the ones that greeted her earlier. He still had the same creamy skin, just no tattoos and his clothes were immaculate compared to the rags and tatters he was wearing earlier in the shrieking shack.

Hermione's observation was interrupted by Sirius,

"Oi, pass me a fag Moony" he requested.

Harry and Hermione shared a puzzled look: Moony?

"Alright, just don't burn my quilt this time, yeah?" Remus passed him one.

"I promise" Sirius grinned, cigarette between his teeth.

He muttered Incendio to light it. Remus lit one as well, striding over to the window and opening it. He sat on the window sill and aimed out of the window as Sirius rolled around Remus' bed freely.

"Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes," Sirius softly sang out "turn and face the strange!" He got up and started swaying as if there was music playing.

Remus chuckled at him and bobbed his head to his friend's singing."You are an amazing singer Padfoot, I swear but let's say we pop on a record?" Remus raised an eyebrow. Sirius eagerly agreed and picked up 'Rumors' by Fleetwood Mac.

Padfoot? Oh.

She'd seen Sirius change into a black scruffy dog earlier, obviously Animagi, but she hadn't come to this conclusion yet. Moony and Padfoot. Marauder's Map. She pondered about it, about Peter Pettigrew transforming into Scabbers too and scolded herself for not realising sooner. She was also extremely impressed that they had learned this skill. Although they were probably unregistered...

"Moonyyyy" Sirius drawled.

"Yeah?" Remus raised his head from his book.

"Stop reading, you're already smart enough" Sirius purred, lifting the book out of his hand and discarding it onto the bed.

"You're just mad my attention is not on you for once!" Remus accused, leaning over Sirius in an attempt to retrieve his book.

"What a mental and egotistical statement," Sirius affirmed, "as if I would care about that, you're getting too self-centred-"

"You prick!" Remus jumped at him, tickling all over his body as he rolled around, yelping and giggling.

"STOP! STOP!" he chortled.

Hermione felt as if she was intruding on this personal and wholesome moment. Technically she was.

When Remus finally stopped Sirius immediately sat up. His hair was now matted from the friction and a rosy tint had spread over his cheeks and nose, his eyes sparkling, breathing heavily through a toothy grin.

Remus crashed his lips onto Sirius who looked as if he completely melted into the kiss. He grabbed Remus' face while Remus himself was combing his finger through the boys raven locks.

Hermione's mouth dropped open. She peered at Harry who was half-covering his eyes but didn't look that uncomfortable. She was a little taken aback as it was unexpected but it made perfect sense. She shouldn't be so surprised, their chemistry was practically sparking through the air in the shrieking shack. Their eyes were full of love as they looked at each other but Hermione assumed it was in a brotherly way but she was so wrong.

She decided not to stare at their private moment but it was honestly a lovely sight.

They were lovely.

They broke apart just stared at each other for a minute when Sirius broke the silence with a flirty comment,

" Your prick"

"Oh God, shut up!" Remus covered his eyes in embarrassment.

"You love me really" Sirius pressed their foreheads together.

"Mhmm" Remus breathed, leaning in to kiss his cheeks and forehead and nose and chin and finally his lips.

Hermione's heart fluttered for them. Being in their affectionate presence felt warm, like a hug.

"As much as I love this and you, we have to go to class," Remus said standing up and offering a hand to his lover.

"No fuck that, it's Potions next" Sirius refused and buried his head into the pillow.

"C'mon Padfoot, don't make this difficult" Remus folded his arms.

"Or what?" Sirius smirked.

"You know what," said Remus sternly.

"But my bed will be so lonely" Sirius complained.

"Get up you twat" Remus dragged him off the bed and eventually out of the dorm.

When the door clicked shut and the footsteps were distant enough, Harry ripped the cloak off.

"Oh my God!" Hermione exclaimed.

"Well, that wasn't what I expected when they walked in here," said Harry awkwardly as he glanced at where the lovers had previously been sitting.

"Neither" Hermione admitted.

"It's not weird though, is it?" Harry remarked.

"Not at all" Hermione shook her head. "And did you hear what they called each other?"

"Moony?" said Harry.

"Yeah, and Padfoot..." she started, waiting for Harry to catch on.

"Godric-" Harry finally understood. "They created the map?"

"Yes, they are the Marauders!" said Hermione.

"Oh right! So Scabbers slash Peter Pettigrew is Wormtail so that means..."

"Prongs is James yes," she nodded.

"Do you think they have created the map yet?" he asked.

Hermione scanned the room and her eyes fell on the parchment on the bedside table. She marched over to it and held it up to show Harry with a weak smile.

"You do the honours" she held it out.

He angled his wand at it and recited: "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."