Messy Painter

It was Hyunjin's birthday soon and Felix was panicking, why You may ask? Obviously because he has no idea what to give to hyunjin. He wanted to give something handmade because he wanted Hyunjin to know how special he was to him.

He passed around the room, and thought over so many ideas. Before anyone says you could bake him something, he already was, they were gonna meet the older's parents for his birthday so he was going to make brownies in hopes of making a better impression.

Now back to the topic, what could he make for hyunjin? 'A birthday card? No, that was a bad idea and that is what you make for your parents when you are 6 year old and have no money. What else, what else can I make for him?'

Then an idea struck him, 'That's it! I can make a painting for him. He gifted me one for my birthday and I really liked it, I just need to follow an art tutorial and it will be done! Plus he won't be home for like an hour or two because he was out with friends, so this would be perfect!'

He went on YouTube and searched for a painting tutorial for beginners, and he found a pretty lake at night one using gouache, whatever that meant.

He went to hyunjin's office and searched through his art supplies, 'okay maybe it is a little wrong to use his stuff without asking, fuck me let's just go to the store and buy whatever i need i would feel bad if i messed up his stuff- but i don't have timmeeeee. Wait- let's just replace them afterwards,  yeah he will never know.'

With that thought, he took out everything that he needed. He found a box titled gouache and took out an empty canvas plus some paint brushes. He opened the box and damn these gouache thingie looked cute!

 He opened the box and damn these gouache thingie looked cute!

(91 dollars before discount if you are curious)

He got water and put up the canvas and started painting!

Hyunjin pov

I was out with sunghoon until he had to go because he forgot about a practice, poor him hope heesung leaves him alive.

I opened the door gently trying very hard not to make a noise, I wanted to surprise Felix afterall. After successfully sneaking into my own house, i tiptoed my way to his room.

'Huh weird he isn't here, maybe he is in the kitchen?' honestly feeling a bit nervous as i made my way towards the kitchen, something caught my eyes.

The lights to my room were on, when I went there to switch off the lights, a peculiar sight caught my eyes.

Felix sat on the drawing stool as the sun that shone from between the sheer curtains painted a beautiful pattern on his freckled face and his eyes focused on the canvas in front of him. And paint splattered all arcoss his white tee and body

'this is tooo cute cute cute cute cute cuteeeeeeeeeee okay i need a picture of this' i was about to send the picture on the group chat but i don't wanna share this felix with anyone.

"Felix~ what are you doing?"i said, amusement dripping from my voice.

Third pov because why not

The sudden noise shook the freckled boy as his head snapped backward, gripping the paintbrush as a weapon in case it was a stranger. He stood up, his smile back on his face when he realised who it was.

"No fair you scared me" he said as he hugged the older male slightly pouting. (Imagine a pouty felix, aaaaaaaaaa) Hyun pulled away the paint slightly smudged on Hyunjin's clothes but oh well "so what exactly were you making baby boy?" he asked.

Felix's face fell and realisation hit hard 'I ruined the surprise, and I didn't get time to buy a new pack of that gouache thingie because I am hundred and one percent sure I wrecked that thing. Now hyunjin know'

  no matter how hard he tried the Aussie just couldn't stop the waterworks from flowing "lix, bawd he ruined hyunnies pain't now hyunnie will hate lix" he spoke in between the tears as the sobs pulled the heart strings of the older.

Hyunjin pulled the Aussie in his embrace and rubbed his back in a soothing fashion, whispering sweet nothings into the boy's ear and the sobs slowed to hiccups and Felix pulled away rubbing his eyes still crying a bit.

"Felix babe I could never be mad at you, so please tell me what happened." He said in a soft voice.

"Lix, wanted to give Hyun a ha'ndmade pre'sent but but Hyun came home early and now surprise ruined an' didn't get time to repla'ce goauche thingie" he said sniffling his eyes glassy.

"Now why would I be mad for this baby boy? And I am really happy you tried to make me something handmade. Will you let Hyun see how it turned out please?" Hyun said sweetly.

The littles eyes lit up and the sadness that was there just a few seconds ago dissapeared. "Yes yes! You have to see how it turned out! The lady in the tutorial was super nice too and she really helped me!" Lix said as he pulled hyunjin towards the canvas.

The older chuckled at the younger's antics and the painting was finally in sight  'It. Was. Gorgeous.' "lix you did such a great job! I am really proud of you, did you have fun?"he said as he ruffled the younger's hair.

"Yes it was sooooo fun the colours were really pretty and and i feel sooo good about it!"he said as he slightly jumped up and down from excitement.

"Yes yes baby if you want we can paint together sometime but first let's get you washed up yea?" "Will you help me bathe?" Lix asked, jumping up and down again.

"If that is what you want sweetie why don't we select some pretty clothes for you pretty boy, hmm" they walked towards lix's closet and they decided on a cute oversized dino hoodie.

Hyunjin helped lix bathe and after he was all dressed up they went on a dinner date with the members since all of them were free!

1050 words~

I added a bit of little tendencies in felix I wrote with the mindset that lix regresses to 6 year old whenever he is too stressed. I hope this works out and yeah this is all over the place