.҉008.҉

"Ya see what I mean? What a pompous jerk!" Yukaro growls out, her still huffing and puffing about her encounter with Atsumu.

You purse your lips as you continue ushering her forward, unsure how to tell Yukaro you found the blond far too attractive. "Well-"

Yukaro continues "And his stupid tone! He's all high and mighty fer' nothin' too!" You stay quiet, allowing for Yukaro to continue in her ranting. By the time she'd finally calmed down the two of you had walked around the school about twice, which considering the size was no small feat.

"You feeling any better?"

Yukaro takes a deep breath in, her eyes sliding shut as she does, "Yeah. I 'preciate ya walkin' with me an' all."

You send her a small smile "It's what friends are for."

Yukaro's head whips towards you. "Ya consider me yer friend!"

***

The windows on the top floor of the gym were wide open. It was a new development but no one had said anything about it. Not Kita, not the coaches, and certainly not the two second years that smelled of a certain h/c haired omega.

But it was mostly for you. Earlier in the day you'd talked to coach Kurosu and he'd asked if you'd like to observe practice before formally meeting the team, which you'd agreed upon. Kurosu mentioned having the windows open due to the strong pheromones from the boys which you'd agreed would help.

So here you were. Sitting pretty at the top floor of the gym with a new black notebook and your trusty pen.

You sit and watch for a while. Observing as the boys train to better themselves. Your eyes intent tracking every spike, set, and receive occurring on the court. However you really zero in on Atsumu when he begins to practice serving. Honestly, that's the only thing you can do. As practice seems to halt as soon as Atsumu stands at the service line.

What you don't notice is Suna's eyes begin to wander around the gym. All practice the hairs at the back of his neck had been standing and he'd had a tingling in his gut. As his eyes lift to the top floor of the gym and he spots you, does he realize why. You'd been watching them all of practice.

He observes you as you observe Atsumu. He doesn't think he's seen you look this focused before. But that doesn't really mean anything as he hasn't known you all that long. However the two of you meet eyes. Your eyes widen in surprise mouth dropping in an 'o'. Suna is sure if he was closer to you he'd have heard you let out a gasp. Suna raises one eyebrow but there's a small smirk that betrays the amusement of the situation. However as soon as it appears it's gone.

You on the other hand. You're positively floored. While you knew your spot was visible to the boys on the court you didn't think you'd actually be spotted. It sounds dumb but you really didn't expect any of the volleyball boys to even notice you were in the gym. But Suna had. The two of you hold eye contact for a few seconds before he turns away, him looking to Atsumu just in time to see him serve the ball once more. You quickly follow head ducking to write some notes to yourself about Atsumu's serve.

***

As practice was ending and the boys had dispersed to gather Kita's advised cleaning supplies you slipped out of the gym via a door located to the bleachers.

You quickly change your shoes and were about to walk off until a voice stopped you "In a hurry?"

You turn around, spotting Suna leaning against the wall. "Oh," You let out a small yelp in surprise before an awkward laugh leaves you "Suna."

He nods in greeting "Enjoy the practice?"

"Uh, yeah." You give him a small smile "Very informative, i got a lot of notes."

"Ya talked to the coach?"

"Mhm, me and Yukaro went together."

A small, lazy smile worms it's way across Suna's cheeks. "That mean's we'll be seen lots more of each other then." He then walks towards the gym, as he passes you he places a hand on your shoulder "I'll be looking forward to it."

You can only watch as Suna disappears around the corner and back into the gym. "Oh my god." You breath.

***

"Y/n~!" Your bombarded by the enthusiastic red head, her arms slinging their way across your shoulder, tugging you into her a little "How was it?"

"The practice?"

"Yeah yeah! Tell me!"

"It went pretty well. Although I got caught by one them."

"Well yer not crying nor do ya look like ya've been so it wasn't Atsumu. Kita maybe..?"

"It was Suna."

That gives Yukaro pause "Suna caught ya? The two of ya talk 'er somethin'?"

"Yeah. He and I talked a bit after practice."

She lets out a little hum "That's interestin' I wouldn't've pegged 'im as someone interested in random conversation. Ya must've really caught his eye!" Yukaro laughs boisterously.

You only shrug "I guess..."

Yukaro leans her weight against you causing you to veer to the side a little, her amping up the dramatics as she throws a hand across her forehead. Her putting on a bad british accent as she puts her own spin on shakespeare "Oh! Woe is me, I have one of the schools most wanted alphas all over me!"

You roll your eyes gently pushing Yukaro off of you. "I do not sound like that. And Suna is not interested in me."

Yukaro just shrugs "We went to the same middle school. I'm telling ya the guy hardly pays attention to anyone outside of his little bubble."

You cast a doubtful side glance at Yukaro "If you say so."

Yukaro, probably getting that you don't believe her, pouts. "But y/n m' serious! I do say so! He likes ya. Or something about ya interest him!" She whines.

You sigh, "Okay Yukaro."