Chapter 4

Princess's POV:

        Drakie looked at me with, I think it was shock? Why was he looked at me so surprised? Was it something I said?

  "Just how far along are you when it comes to magic?" Drakie asked trying to stay calm

"Most probably much better than anyone here." I shrugged

   "As expected of you, dear princess." Blaise said with a proud smiled

"Let's just get to class. Come on." Drakie said getting up and holding out his hand

   I took his hand and turned around to pick up my bag, only to find out that Blaise already had it and was planning to carry it for me. I smiled as a thanks. The three of us went to the dungeons where the potions class was. I can't believe they're still using Papa's laboratory for teaching, such an amazing way to honour him. Drakie and Blaise took a seat together somewhere in middle of the room, I sat between them. Now, we wait.

   "We're early. What do want to do?" Blaise asked

"How much longer till everyone comes?" I asked

   "Probably 30-40 minutes." Blaise replied

"Do you think we can brew a small batch of amortentia until then? After we finish the potions that we may be required to make for class, then I would like to make my perfume if we have time left." I said looking at them with doe like eyes

   "Uncle Sev shouldn't really mind if it's only a small batch." Drakie pondered

"I'll get the ingredients. Why don't you prepare the cauldron?" Blaise said

   Blaise left to get the ingredients while Drakie prepared the cauldron. I removed my potions book where I put down all the potions I love. It would have been thick and heavy had it not been for the numerous charms I put on it. I flipped to the page I wanted, my amortentia. I quickly scanned through the recipe. Blaise came back and layed all the ingredients in front of me. I verified all of them from my book.

  "Blaise, can you bring me iridescent moon pearls? Oh and one blue dragon scale?" I asked not looking up from my book, as I continued checking the ingredients

    Blaise didn't question and went back to fetch the ingredients. Drakie looked at me with a frown. He opened his mouth to say something but just then Blaise came back with the ingredients that I asked for.

   "Let's begin?" Blaise said rubbing his hands together

I kept my book in front for all three of to be able to read. I took out two iridescent moon pearls and started crushing them to pearl dust. It didn't take long, iridescent moon pearls are quite fragile and easily crushed when done the right way. Blaise and Drakie preped the ingredients just as it was written. I put the cauldron on medium heat and we began making the potion. Drakie would read the recipe, Blaise would cut and add the ingredients just the Drakie said and I would stir. We didn't even realise when the time had passed and students had started to fill the class.

   Finally, Blaise carefully added the blue dragon scale while I was stirring just before my last clockwise turn. I stirred it clockwise once followed by three counterclockwise and removing the wooden spoon we were using. All three of us waited as the potion slowly took a beautiful cardinal, a red-pink shade. I grinned from ear to ear, it was perfect!

  "It smells so yummy. I can just sit in front of it forever." Drakie said with his eyes closed

   Blaise slowly took the cauldron off the flame. We let it sit to cool down and get settled. I noticed that everyone in the class was staring at us.