Chapter 11

Princess's POV:

     It's been approximately two weeks since the transfiguration class. While Gryffindors were still struggling with their locks, the Slytherins were struggling to hatch our eggs.

    Most of the 12 had decided to opt for the safer option with a mini sized dragon. The dragons were about the size of a six months old kitten. Various colours mind you, I think it is my first time seeing a rainbow hued dragon. Pinks and purples or blue and red were a general theme going between the mini dragons. Everyone had started noting down the attributes of their dragons, in total we had 7 mini dragons, all of us were writing essays on them. I swear I have never seen a dragon that can sing. Truly wildest of attributes had showed up in the dragons. The younger years adored playing with the dragons who enjoyed as much attention as they could get.

   We had six eggs in total, including mine. The other five have opted to keep their eggs warm while mine was frozen. No one understood why I was doing that, I didn't want them too. I didn't want my egg to turn into an omlette. My egg would only hatch with an extremely cold yet slightly warm environment which is why it was frozen and wrapped in one of my robes and Drakie's sweatshirt. Drakie's egg was kept with the other four eggs. They kept them together with fire constantly burning around them in a circle. None of the eggs had hatched yet but I knew today's the day some will.

    It was Saturday so, no classes. All of us were huddled in the common room trying to finish our homework while taking care of our eggs. I was halfway through with my potions essay when I heard a crackling sound which caused me to look up.

   "Look, the pink egg is hatching." I pointed

"Yay! I've been waiting forever." Astoria squealed

    "Hey, the forest green, black and white-red one seem to be hatching too." Blaise said

"Finally, I thought I messed up." Theo sighed putting his quill down

   I lowered the intensity of the flame surrounding the eggs. A black snout popped out, followed by the black dragon with blue eyes. A green paw smashed the egg and then came the dragon. The pink egg just seemed to burst as the beautiful slightly pale rose pink dragon showed. The white-red one was probably the weirdest and yet most amazing I had seen, it carefully broke the egg to pieces with it's jaw while keeping the piece down before breaking another one. Wow, I had never seen a dragon that was so meticulous. Once it had placed all the pieces down, it opened it's wings and shook itself making sure that there was nothing on it before giving out a cute roar.

  "That is your dragon isn't it, Blaise?" I asked pointing at it

"That dragon seems like you in dragon form, meticulous as always." Theo chuckled

   "Well, I'm glad that I won't have to worry about it creating a messy havoc for me to clean up." Blaise grinned

I stopped the fire; Blaise, Astoria, Theo and Pansy picked up their dragons cooing at them. The dragons settled in their arms. I conjured up four small pieces of raw meat. They placed their dragons down which immediately flew up to the meat and started eating. Seems like someone's truly hungry. I chuckled. I looked at Drakie to see him frowning while looking at his egg.

   "What's wrong?" I asked softly

"Why didn't mine hatch?" Drakie frowned

  "What kind of a dragon you had in mind while creating the egg?" I questioned

"An earthly kind. One that lived in forest, peaceful and didn't attack unless provoked." Drakie answered

   "Have you tried burying it in the group and lighting fire above it?" I suggested