Chapter 39

Harry's POV:

We were all seated around the second tree in the living room opening presents.

For most part, presents contained of sweets, books, broom servicing kits or items from Weasley's joke shop. I had gotten my yearly Weasley sweater in maroon this time with a white H and a small snitch. The pile of presents was bigger than normal but gifts were very general. If any of our gifts caught the other's eye then we would trade. Sirius had decided to get me a gift for every single year that he hadn't given me one after his "death". I opened a gift that was wrapped purple, about moderate sized, flat box. It was a blue velvet box in with lay a pretty necklace made of rubies and gold chain along with matching gold and ruby earings. What am I supposed to do with this?

"What is it Harry?" Hermione asked curiously

"Someone mistook me for a girl it would seem." I said still staring at my gift weirdly

"It is a pretty sent though." Daphne said looking over my shoulder

"Colour?" Princess asked with a gleam in her eye

"Ruby and gold? What colours do you think that would be? Purple and white?" I said sarcastically

"Respect is not that hard to possess. Be respectful in our queen's home. We won't hesitate to retaliate if you offend her." Theo barked

"Please no violence. Yule through New Year's are very dear to me. I want zero arguments or fights of any kind in my home." Princess sighed

"These rubies are different though. Much deeper red, very much like blood red." Hermione said trying to diffuse tension

"May I have it?" Princess asked

"You want to keep it?" I said confused

"Yes please." Princess nodded eagerly

I shut the box and handed it to her. Not like I can do anything with it, nothing I have will go as well with it or I might have kept the earrings. Princess was observing the set intently, she waved a hand on it then grinned. I raised an eyebrow at her. She simply smiled at me, got up and twirled, her green dress changed colours to red. She sat back down, facing Theo with her back towards Blaise. Blaise picked up the necklace and put it on her while Theo put on the earrings on her. When the earrings and necklace were secure, she turned around and faced me again, it was only then I noticed that the rubies in the necklace had turned into roses that were made out of rubies, a total of five roses were on it and the gold part of the necklace formed an intricate pattern of swirls which looked oddly like vines with some small leaf like design scattered around it randomly. The earrings had also turned into roses but these had a stem to it as they hung from her ears. The set looked absolutely gorgeous on her, I had a sudden urge to pull her in my lap and cuddle with her, maybe even kiss her but I let it go. I can't be thinking such things, I have a girlfriend, her name's Ginny.

This has been happening ever since my creature inheritance came along. I expected one creature... Just One! I was not that lucky. Instead I ended up a couple dormant ones which the goblins said that the dormant ones can become active if I am in very much danger, most probably near death situations. Apart from that, I do have a couple active ones; dark veela, vampire, kitsune, phoenix and some fae, what was it again? Oh yea, a some sort of mix between healing and romance fae. Why couldn't anything ever be normal?

Anyways, ever since my inheritance came along, I've been wanting to be near Princess more. It's like I have started getting feelings for her. I have a girlfriend, I want her as my mate but a little voice in the back of head said why haven't you already marked her then?