~Prologue~

Thank you all for 900k reads! I am a little overwhelmed and just grateful that you would take the time to read this story. I would appreciate it if you left a comment and even just voted if you like any of the chapters! You guys are so amazing and I appreciate the love. ❤️

My name is Addison, and I've done nothing useful with my life, in all of my 23 years. I've never even been to college, because I'm basically broke, and spend the majority of my small income on my small apartment.  My family isn't what you would exactly call a "family" either. You see my parents separated when I was pretty young. My mother decided that she didn't want to a mother or a wife anymore and just left.

Left without looking back once. Like her whole family was a distant memory that she wished she could bury deep down. I never understood how a mother could just walk out on her family like that. Since the day she left we haven't heard a thing. I guess she just doesn't care.

The day after I graduated, I told my dad I was going to try out living out on my own. I had already saved up enough to keep me comfortable for a couple of months, and I knew with the hours I was working I could manage. My dad has always trusted me, and always respected my desires and wishes. He didn't even try and argue with me. He's been my rock since I was a kid, and he's always kept me steady in my feet. I will always respect my father for taking on the role of mom and dad. I sometimes hate my mom for putting him through that, but I know he doesn't hate her so I try not too.

On my 15th birthday, my dad surprised me with my cat Finn. I had been begging him for a cat for years before he finally let up. Finn has been my best friend and I don't know what I would do without him. He knows me more then anyone, and he doesn't even know it. There have been so many nights where I would just lay across my bed and talk to him. He loved sleeping on the foot of my bed and I alway enjoyed the constant company.

My life is honestly not very interested at all. I pretty much just hang out with my cat, and go to work. My whole life basically consists of work, work, work, and... Oh yeah, work. I work at a small coffee shop that's right across the street from where I live. I got really lucky to be hired on. I don't make much, but it's enough to survive, and sometimes I get really great tips!

My life is also very unstable. I can't remember the last time I didn't just feel worried. That voice in my head that tells me I'll always feel lost. I often find myself daydreaming of what it would be like to have a perfect family with a mom who cooked dinner for me every night, and who calls me to tell me she misses me. I wonder what it would be like to have money or what it even feels like to be stable. I find myself wishing for just a taste of those images that I think about daily.

Before I knew it, Life got harder. I felt completely worn down all of the time, and I started losing hope of ever feeling happy.  That is until I met him. The man who unexpectedly gave me hope, and who taught me what it means to really love with all of your soul. He showed me a love that was passionate and beautiful. The man who completely caught me off guard, and made me fall in love with him before I could even stop myself...