Chapter 11 I must have been a little Jealous

His hands gripped my wrists tightly. He was pressing me against the cold granite counter. I hadn't answered his question and he clearly wasn't letting me go until I did. His heated gaze had me blushing like crazy.

"Marcus, please let me go."

His face was serious and any trace of amusement had vanished. "Don't leave."

My eyes flickered to his, "It's only dinner." My voice was soft and quiet as if I was trying to convince myself as well.

His dark eyes narrowed, "He wouldn't have invited you to dine with him if he wasn't remotely interested in you. Who is he anyways?"

I tugged my wrists trying to escape before he could bombard me with more questions. I really didn't want to explain the situation to him. My phone started beeping and I quickly tried to answer it before Marcus could see who was on the other line.

Marcus quickly reached for my phone and read whatever had popped up onto the screen. He scoffed and looked up at me and said  with no emotion in his voice, "Is he your boyfriend then? That's why you can't tell me."

My mouth fell open. Was he seriously asking me if I had some secret relationship behind his back? Especially after we had... God, I feel so stupid!

I shook my head and grabbed my phone. Marcus was acting strange and it was making me mad. "How could you say that? You really think of me in that way especially after w-we..."

I rushed past him unable to understand how he could think of me like that. That I was the type of girl to like a man while sleeping with another. It made me sick to my stomach. I slammed the door to my room and went straight into the inviting bed. I buried my head into my pillows and screamed. God!

My phone buzzed and I quickly grabbed it.

3 Messages

I opened the first from Nathan.

Here is the address linked below. I look forward to seeing you tomorrow. Rest well Addison.

The next message was from Jessica inviting me to drink with her tomorrow night. Thank goodness I had plans. I really did not want a repeat of last night. I sent her a quick reply and checked the last message.

DO NOT ANSWER! Marcus Declan

I frowned. What did he want.. It took me a minute to open the message up.

I am sorry if I upset you. I must have been feeling a little jealous.  Sweet dreams Addie...

I rolled my eyes and scoffed. Jealous? Like Marcus could be capable of that. I turned my phone off and scratched Finn behind the ear. He had fallen asleep next to my leg and was purring rather loudly. I smiled and kissed his furry head.

--------------------------------------------------------

I awoke the next morning feel anxious. Today was the day I would see Nathan for the first time in years. I was afraid of how I would feel when I saw him. I then thought of Marcus and a bigger pit grew in my stomach. I really didn't want to upset him by going but I couldn't just say no to Nathan. I groaned and got out of bed. I could already tell that today was going to be long.

I went down the long stairs yawning the whole way. Of course when I reached the last step my feet somehow slipped from under me. I let out a gasp as I felt two strong arms catch me, saving me from an accident waiting to happen. I looked up at my savior knowing all to well who it was.

"Well, good morning beautiful. I was wondering when I would get the chance to hold you in my arms so early in the morning."

My face turned red. Marcus sat me up right and chuckled.