𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪

When Abigail opened her eyes, the only thing she was truly aware of was the pounding in her head. She groaned as her eyes peeled themselves open exposing the harsh light of the world around her. It was clearly morning, the light beaming through the windows told her that.

Over the sound of her head banging she could hear a faint humming coming from the kitchen. She stood up, far too quickly in her current state, trying to stop herself from toppling over head first and headed towards the noise.

When she got there she saw her. None other than Amelia Shepherd. Her long brown hair perfectly framing her face as she made a cup of coffee, a small smile on her face as she swayed her hips gently to the song that was clearly only playing in her head. The large t-shirt that happened to be Abby's, wasn't quite a perfect fit but she made it work. She always did.

"Morning sleepyhead." The woman greeted, pulling the blonde out of her trance.

"Hey" Abigail groaned, bringing her hand up to rub her temples.

"How you feeling?"

"Like shit on the bottom of somebody's shoe." This caused Amelia to chuckle lightly, rolling her eyes at the girls dramatics, before becoming more serious.

"I think we should talk." She stated, her face no longer housing the smile it was before.

"Yeah" Abby sighed "Look I'm sorry I came back here drunk, it wasn't fair on you. I just didn't know where els-"

"Its fine, I'm just glad you were safe." Amelia said softly. "And honestly I didn't know you where here until i woke up and heard your voicemail."

"Shit- right the voicemail." Realisation washed over the blonde as she remembered the call she had made in the middle of the night. "Look, I meant what I said. I was an idiot to think that I didn't need you. Which I know sounds kinda crazy considering we've only really been together for a couple of months but. You make everything easier Amelia. You everything better. And when things got a little bad again, I got scared and I ran."

At this point Abby was staring at the floor, the hardwood suddenly becoming very interesting. "I'm sorry. You deserve so much more than this. So much more than me."

Amelia just sighed before speaking. " You see thats the thing. I don't want more. I don't want more than this, more than you. As much as it terrifies me to admit, I need you too Abigail."

A wave of relief washed over the tall blonde as she realised maybe she hadn't completely screwed things, not yet anyway. She slowly made her way over to the smaller brunette, reaching her hands up to cup the woman's cheeks tilting them up slightly.

The two just stood staring. Blue meeting green once again. These are the blue eyes she wanted, needed staring back at her. Not some strangers from across the bar.

"Can I kiss you?" Abigails voice came out as a whisper, floating gently through the air around them. The answer she got was a simple nod, but that wasn't enough. "Use your words darling."

Amelias face lit up a harsh shade of pink before stuttering out a yes. She didn't miss the smirk that appeared on Abby's face before she leaned in. Their lips moulding together perfectly. This was a feeling that neither of them would ever forget, not if they could help it.

When air became a problem, both women pulled away reluctantly. A huge smile plastered on her face Amelia spoke first, "I missed you."

"I missed you too." It was a simple statement, yet it made their grins grow wide enough to reach their ears.

However, their little moment was ruined when Abigail's face twisted in confusion. "Where is my sister and her husband... and her children. You know the people whose house we are in?"

"They're at work and the kids are in daycare."

"Oh crap, work. I gotta go to that." She scrambled to leave the room and get dressed, as if moving faster would reduce how late she was.

"Woah, slow your roll. I called in for you, said you weren't going in and... its my day off." Amelia finished with a smirk, her hands trailing up to play with the neck line of the taller woman's shirt.

"But what if they need us?" Abby smirked back, knowing full well they had other surgeons to cover for them.

"They'll live." Amelia muttered before taking her by the hand and pulling her down the hall, biting her bottom lip gently.

"I mean they quite literally won't but..."

"Shush and get your ass in that room."

"Yes, ma'am" Abby fake saluted before being pushed into the room by her chuckling girlfriend.

Her girlfriend. That felt right.

A/N: Sorry its been so long, I've had no motivation or ideas. Also exams are soon and I'm stressing. I will try to update more but no promises. Anyway thank you for reading <3