Chapter 17

TRACY

"Tracy!" Katie runs and welcomes me with a hug as I enter the Thomson's Residence.
"Thank you for babysitting Katie, again, Tracy." Vivian smiles at me while preparing her bag.
"Its always a pleasure, Vivian." I assure honestly with a sincere smile.

Vivian and Edwin bid their goodbyes as they leave me with Katie once again.

"So what do you wanna do today?" I smile at her.
"I just," she lets out a small yawn before continuing, "Want to take a nap."
"Well thats kind of new, you taking a nap." I playfully glare at her in an evaluating manner.
"Now that dad's here, we've been going to places now and then. Mom says we need to make most of the time he's here before he goes on business trips again." She explains tiredly. "Its so tiring." She frowns as she adds the last part.
I smile at her cuteness. "Okay then. Lets go upstairs."

After tucking Katie in and making sure she's in deep sleep, which didn't take too long since she got lost in dreamland quite quickly, I walk down the hallway.
I notice a room door halfway open and decided to close it.
Before closing the door, I notice that a person is actually inside. I take a peek and find Eric sleeping soundly, his blonde hair pointing in every direction most probably because of tossing and turning around and his lips slightly parted. He lets out a small snore which made me laugh quietly a bit. He adjusts himself, turning around and burying his face in his pillow, and I instantly shut my mouth, trying to be quiet.
I close the creaky door cautiously but a voice interrupts before I can fully close it.

"Are you going all Edward Cullen on me?" He matches a hot sleepy voice with an amused smile and a raised eyebrow.
"What,"
"I like watching you sleep." He tries his best to impersonate a dead person.
"I wasn't watching you sleep. You're so full of yourself. Ugh."
"Oh really, Elsie?" He props up using his elbows as support to look me in the eyes, the amused expression still in his face.

I got taken aback by the nickname, my heart stopping for a second.
I glare at him and slam the door shut loudly, regretting it the second I did.

I might wake Katie up. I face palm myself.

I check Katie's room and see her kicking, silently whining and turning in frustration. I go to her side and sing a quiet lullaby while stroking her hair, removing the strands that cover and irritate her face.

---

ERIC

I finally get up and freshen up a bit by splashing water on my face and quickly brushing my teeth.

As I enter the hallway, closing the door, I hear a beautiful singing voice. I go check Katie's room, knowing that I'd find the source of the sweet sound there.

I see none other than Tracy singing, laying on Katie's side. My little sister snuggles closer to her, lets out a sigh and then an almost inaudible snore.

Crap. Did Tracy hear me snoring in my sleep? I hope not.

Tracy finishes the lullaby after a few more minutes then stands up, placing a pillow at Katie's side in replace of her, in a gentle manner.

She's obviously going to be a really good mother.

Whoa there, Eric Thomson. No need to think about Tracy's future, which is obviously none of your business.

"Wow. You have a really nice voice." I compliment while leaning on the door frame of Katie's room.
"Are you messing with me, Eric Thomson?" Tracy asks with a frustrated huff, keeping a low voice in case she might startle Katie again.
"No, and why would I, Elsie?" I purposely add emphasis on the nickname, stunning her once again.

Seriously? She still can't accept the fact that I, Eric Julian Thomson, am EJ.

"You have to try to be nice to me, you know. You agreed to us being friends again, right?" I remind her.

Her face loses all emotion and she just sits down at the chair once again, hiding her face in two hands.

"Pizza?" I voice out the thought that just popped into my head.
She gave me a look as if I was crazy. In reply, I gave her a confused look.

I thought everyone likes pizza?

She points to Katie sleeping soundly and my mouth forms an "O" in realization.

"She'll come with us then, when she wakes up. I'll just text mom and dad and then change." I beam at Tracy and leave the room, closing the door and beating Tracy before she could say no.

---

Katie didn't take long to wake up and mom was okay with the idea of me and Tracy taking Katie out for pizza.
We didn't take long going to our destination since it was only a 10 minute walk to the nearest pizza place.

We all agreed to our order and proceed to the counter.
"That would be $14 all-in-all, sir." The lady smiles at me.
Tracy starts taking out cash and I beat her to it, placing $15 on the counter.
I glance at her and see that she's giving me a glare.

The lady accepts it and returns the change together with the receipt and table number.

All three of us walk to the table assigned and plop down on the seats.

"We were supposed to split the bill." Tracy starts, rolling her eyes.
"I don't recall any contract of some sort." I shrug.
"Now I don't feel like eating." She frowns.
"Why?" I ask, very amused.
"I feel guilty."
"Elsie," I start and then she glares at me.
Her eyes soften when she sees me looking directly into her eyes.
"Don't be." I end.
Our eye contact breaks when the waitress serves the food.

"Hey there, baby girl." She beams at Katie.
Katie looks up from her doll and smiles at her too. "Hello."
"You're so cute, I can see where those genes come from." She comments.
Tracy and I look at her with confused faces and she laughs a bit while placing down the food.
"Humble parents, I see." She adds.

I start laughing while Tracy starts coughing hysterically.
Once my laughter calms down, I explain. "Oh no, she's my sister. And she," I say, pointing at Tracy, "Is her babysitter." I let out the small remaining laughter.

"Oh dear, I'm so sorry. I just thought," she cuts herself mid-sentence, "Enjoy your meal." She smiles nervously at us.

"I cant believe her!" Tracy cries out in frustration.
"Why not?" I chuckle.

She opens her mouth but I beat her to it, "We do look like a family of some sort. Don't we, Katie?"
Katie smiles widely and nods.
"You can be my daddy and you," she says, pointing at Tracy, "can be my mommy."
Tracy places her head on her arms laid flat on the table and shuts up.

"Elsie, do you wanna eat or do you wanna eat?" I ask her, the amused tone still in my voice.
She looks up and puts down her arms from the table huffing out a fine.

Lunch actually went well and Tracy starts to loosen up around me, getting used to being Elsie and laughing along.

I think I, kind of, do miss Elsie.

---