Chapter 13

TRACY

I have once-again experienced two-normal weeks. Reviewing and taking the damned college entrance examinations, visiting Vivian, focusing on my priority, school. Des was still engaging in minimal conversation with me though and its bothering me gravely.

I was relaxing on my cosy bed, reading a book when Leslie decided to intrude my bedroom again.

“What?” Annoyed, I asked her.

“Just here to tell you to pack your stuff and get ready for the beach!” she squealed excitedly.

“For what?” I asked uninterestedly. I was too lazy at the moment.

“Something. Now be sure you are ready for the whole weekend in the beach tomorrow when I pick you up or I am killing you. Bye!” Leaving, she ended our really short conversation and said goodbye already.

I just crash back at my bed and groan. I am so not in the mood to pack.

“Pack now!” her deafening scream echoed through the hallways then reaching my room.

Fine.

I got up and started packing my beach essentials.

“Oh hey, mom. We’re staying at a beach for the whole weekend according to Leslie. Why? I don’t know.” I tiredly asked for her permission when she, entering my room, saw me packing.

“I know. She already told me.”

Of course she did.

“Here, I bought you a new one.” She smiled as she handed me a swimsuit.

“Thanks!” I say as I dumped it in my bag. It was cute and colour teal, my favourite colour.

---

When Les said “pick me up” I was expecting I was going to ride with her in her car. Well let’s just say I was disappointed when she just did get me from my room and escorted me to Desmond’s car. I let Leslie take shotgun this time of course. Well this is going to be a long ride.

After some time, Leslie’s annoyingly manly snores could be heard all around the car.

“How do you think she does that noise?” Des asks unbelievably.

Wait is he initiating a talk with me? What?

“Uh. I don’t know.” I awkwardly answer.

After a few seconds later, I realized I should try harder to become his best friend again. “It is annoying though.” I commented.

“I thought I was the only one.” He smiled.

“I knew she couldn’t have been all that girly.”

“Yep.”

“So, uh, Des. How are you?” I decide to ask.

“Fine.”

“No, like really.”

“Well, to be honest, I miss you.”

“Same.” I say sadly. “Best friends?” I try.

“Best friends.” He smiles, making me smile too.

We filled up each other with what’s happening in our boring lives for quite some time before I finally ask, “Are we there yet?”

“You really are such a kid.” He rolls his eyes.

“Hey! I’m not that childish.”

“Sure.”

I huff before I let out a yawn. I sure did wake up early.

“Anyways, yeah we’re near. You can’t sleep now. Wake up this horrible sleeping creature for me, will you?” He glances and makes a face at Leslie.

“Hey! Reminder, that’s your other best friend.” I scolded him.

“Yeah, I know.”

We both laugh as I snap some pictures of Leslie’s face before trying to wake her up. Cliché move, I know, but nothing beats the classics. She sure is a sleeper.

When Des finally parked, I shake Leslie sharply.

“Huh? Who’s… Tapping… Me?” Leslie asked sleepily.

“Jeez, Les. I was shaking you vigorously and all you felt was tapping!?” I asked frustrated.

After stretching her bones, she just shrugged at me. Ugh.

“Not-such-grateful-ladies! Will you even bother helping me here?” Des shouts from the back of his car, putting out all our stuff.

We both glare at him and simultaneously shout, “No!”

All three of us got our backpacks and let Leslie take the lead to our cabin. Am I the only one who doesn’t have an idea where or what this place is?

“Are you sure this is our cabin? It looks too large for just the three of us.” I gawked at the lovely wooden cabin in front of us.

“Nope.” Leslie answers me.

“Oh, hi Tracy, Leslie and Desmond!” Mia greets us as she opened a window.

What is she doing here!?

I saw a glimpse of Brandon walking at the terrace, too.

Oh, and Denrie’s walking down the stairs going out of the cabin.

What are they doing here!?

“The others are inside, come!” Mia ushers us in.

I gave Leslie a WTF face and she just replied with a trying-to-be-innocent smile.

After I greeted Eric’s family and Denrie, since I’m not close to Eric’s friends and Dana and Eric aren’t present, I went to our room. Girls get to share the room except Vivian and Katie since they’ll share a room with Edwin so I’m left with Leslie, Dana, Denrie and Mia.

Leslie followed me.

“What the hell!?” I whisper-scream to her.

“What?” she asks nervously, trying to act innocent.

“Don’t what me. They, all of them, are here and you didn’t tell me!?”

“I knew you’d say no.”

“So!?”

“So Eric’s family will be quite disappointed in you.” She examines her pampered nails. She does have a point.

“Ugh.” Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy to see healthy but still slightly recovering Vivian, Mia, Edwin and Katie. But Eric, Brandon, Peter and Dana? This weekend will be the death of me.

“Calm down, it’s not like something bad is going to happen.” She smiles, making me groan in frustration once again.

---

A/N

so i may or may not have updated in almost half a year. I AM SO SORRY. :<

i srsly love ya'll! <3

xoxo

cluelessthinking