Chapter 4

ERIC

"You're such a jerk. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be on my way home." Tracy rolled her eyes at me and went her way. I didn't bother chasing after her even if I wanted to. Nobody and I mean nobody, ever walks away from me, especially a girl.

---

The day of the party…

TRACY

I was just finished with homework when someone disturbed me.

"Let's get you ready!" Leslie squealed when she barged into my room, making me jump.

"How the hell did you come in?!"

"Your mom." She said in a duh-tone.

"But we still have half an hour." I complained, earning a look from Les saying I was crazy.

"You really don't know anything, do you?"

"I know the equivalent of pi." I shrugged.

"You're smart, so what. You're still stupid." She rolled her eyes at me.

I just sighed. "Fine. Do what you have to do to me, your prisoner." I whined, making her grin.

She swiftly pushed me into the bathroom and I waited as she got the purple dress we bought yesterday.

"Go! Change." She shooed me, exiting my bathroom.

I just rolled my eyes when the door was closed and obeyed.

"Pretty." Les grinned when I came back to my room. "Now, we still have time for your make-up and hair." She said mostly to herself before making me sit in front of my dresser, the new make-up sprawled across it. She also bought it yesterday since she told me that my make-up could've been collecting dust by now.

She turned my seat around so I was facing her. I didn't speak a word as she started doing her thing.

After what felt like an hour or so of swiping brushes across my face here and there, pulling my hair here and there, she finally beamed, "Done."

She turned the chair around so I could see my appearance. I gasped in awe when I saw the girl staring back at me.

"Is this me?" I inquired, making sure.

"Well duh." Les grinned from my side.

My hair was half pony-tailed and my make-up was kept simple because Les knew I didn't want too much make-up but it flaunted my beauty which I didn't knew I have. The dress looked perfect on me and the doll shoes, since I don't wear heels; I wore matched with the dress. The girly look actually fitted me very well.

"You sure this isn't too much for the party?" I slightly frowned. 

"Nah. Plus you're going to go out with Desmond for a snack, remember? It looks just fine. You also don't want the other dresses I picked before, to add." she muttered the last part.

I just sighed and hugged her. "Thank you, Les. It's just that it's my first party and I have no idea on what to do."

"Obviously." she giggled.

---

"What do you think will others say if they see me?" I asked Desmond, worried, while sipping on my bubble tea. Des came minutes later wearing a light blue button down shirt rolled up at the sleeves and jeans after I was done and we went to a tea shop before going to the party. 

"That you're the most beautiful girl." he grinned.

"Are you only telling me this because I'm going with you or you're lying to me to make me feel better?" I slightly laughed at him.