|07·PLEASE ME|

✎[NSFW]
✎Quirkless AU
✎Office Worker AU
✎Slight(?) Angst
✎Shower Scene

[A/N]: Please forgive any spelling errors lmao, it's been a while--over 4k words tho! Enjoy<3

. . .

Izuku gulped at the sight of his colossal company building, appearing as though he were about to fall ill and burst into tears simultaneously.
He clutched his messenger bag filled with countless nights worth of fundamental documents, porcelain-pale hands shaking from his excessive intake of coffee as of recent.

For the first time since his employment at his new firm, he had been appointed to discuss their franchise's past and present investments--he'd spent the past eight days preparing financial logs that dated all the way back to some of his coworker's toddlerhood.

He was running on nothing but sheer caffeine and optimism at this point, and had no intention of stopping until his presentation was through with.
With a series of encouraging mantras on loop in his head, Izuku was determined to not make a complete fool of himself in front his board of directors.

His only distraction at this point was the extensive amount of reflective surfaces in the glass skyscraper of a structure, as he'd see just how much the last eight days had an affect on him.

His hair was more unkempt than usual, shirt unironed and he'd even started showing a bit of stubble on his chin and above his upper lip--not to mention the now prominent bags under his lax eyes.

Izuku was trying his best to convince himself that the lack of sleep was playing tricks on his eyes, and that he didn't look as gremlin-like to others as much as he did to his own hazy perception.

"Hey Kiri, when was the last time you spoke to Midoriya? He looks as though he's been having things pretty rough."

"I was just about to ask you the same thing man, must be crunch time in the upper office."

...It most certainly didn't help that he could overhear Hanta and Eijiro discussing his health and overall visible sleep deprivation.

It wasn't exactly a secret among his coworkers that Izuku tended to overwork himself if necessary, and that he went against all human instinct just to meet outrageous deadlines. Never once has he even exhaled a complaint despite his experiences, and he'd built a somewhat reliable but concerning reputation among his colleagues.

At this point, the people who saw him the most at the office just wanted him to get some damn rest.

"I thought I told you to stay home today, you lunatic."
A swift, but gentle smack of a manilla folder over Izuku's unruly head was enough to draw him a good cup of reality right before his presentation.

"Your documents were successfully recovered. You would've been credited for your contribution and someone else could've done the presentation, you idiot."