piggyback rides

As promised, Icyhot is waiting for me when I step into the hallway the following morning. He flashes a tiny smile while I grip the strap of my backpack extra hard.

"How was your workout last night?" he asks.

"I'm not in the mood for small talk," I reply. "I just wanna know what I'll have to be doing today."

He nods. "Sure. But first..." He reaches into his own bag and pulls out all five of my homework assignments. Just like yesterday, I'm impressed by his penmanship and his ability to imitate my handwriting so well.

I should probably thank him, but I won't. Instead I head for the elevator, though I don't try to walk ahead of him this time.

In the elevator, I ask Icyhot multiple times to tell me what my task for the day is, yet he doesn't respond. Nor does he answer me as we stroll through the common room. God, to think of all the times I would've loved this, Icyhot keeping his mouth shut so I wouldn't have to hear that insufferable voice of his. Of course the one time I'm willing to put up with it so I can get this hellish day over with, he stays mute.

I decide I've had enough once we're outside. Facing him, I frown at his oblivious expression.

"Are you gonna fucking tell me what I'm doing today or what?"

He smiles, and it takes all the restraint in the world not to deck him in the face. "Okay," he says, "but first you have to take your backpack off."

"Huh?" I have no idea where this is going, but I do as I'm told. I drop my bag out in front of me. A loud thud erupts as it hits the concrete due to the overwhelming amount of textbooks stored in it. "Okay, now what?"

And then, out of nowhere, Icyhot spins me around and jumps on my back.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?"

His arms drape over my shoulders, his hands locking together right above my belly button. Those tree limbs he calls legs wrap around my waist and he cups his chin over my left shoulder. "You're going to carry me."

"Carry you where?"

"Everywhere," he says. "Whenever I ask."

I growl at the bastard, but I'm a man of my word, so I don't push him off. I roll my eyes, but my head's turned away from him so he can't see. "You can't be serious."

His candy cane colored hair tickles my jaw as he brings his head forward. "Come on, Bakugou. It won't be so bad."

"How dense are you?" I snap. "The whole school's gonna be laughing at me if they see me walking around with you on my back!"

"And I'll tell them to stop picking on you. It's not polite to laugh at someone who's learning to be nicer."

"Oh, yeah," I answer sarcastically. "That'll show em."

I pull my bag off the ground with two fingers, then readjust it so it sits comfortably in my fist. I take off for the cafeteria, Icyhot's annoying ass holding onto me like some damn koala. I purposely rock back and forth as I walk, silently praying he'll fall off and land on his ass. But the bastard won't let go.

Fucking hell. This is the worst day of my life and it hasn't even started.

The first giggles come quickly. A group of second year girls notice us and cackle, each one more obnoxious than the last. But then Icyhot waves at them, which results in them squealing and waving back.

I'll never understand how this bastard has so many fangirls. He's not cute, he's not funny, he's not strong, he's not anything. The only thing he succeeds at on a regular basis is destroying my sanity.