kiss

"What'd you get for number seven?"

Todoroki taps his pencil on the table as he scans his notebook paper. "Thirty-eight over five."

"Same."

We're in the library as planned, seated at a small circular table for ourselves. We're slowly but surely peddling through our homework, math being the current subject. It's not the most exciting of activities, but any time with Todoroki is time worth spending.

It's a good thing that Todoroki is as beautiful as he is, because I need the distraction. Anything to keep me from glaring at the four dumbasses sitting two tables down from us. The same dumbasses who refused to believe me when I told them that oversized hoodies and sunglasses weren't good disguises.

I slide my homework an inch to the side, revealing the list of notes Mina prepared for me underneath. She didn't trust me to not mess this up even further. She's right, to be fair, though it's hard to read her list without Todoroki catching me.

Luckily, Todoroki turns back to his homework long enough for me to give it a quick peek. The list is long, probably longer than necessary, so I only focus on the first bullet point.

Compliment him on something he doesn't usually get complimented on

I appreciate what Mina's hinting at here, but she's underestimating what I'm dealing with here. This isn't just some random boy plucked off the street. This is Shouto Todoroki, who's already well known at UA both for his looks and his quirk. Students throw compliments at him all the time. It's annoying. Well, it's not annoying when I do it, but that's because I'm the best at everything, including giving compliments.

Still, what do I compliment him on? His eyes and hair are out of the question since that's what he gets complimented on the most. The scar over his eye is pretty badass, but the story behind how he got it is not one I want to bring any attention to. Those pudgy cheeks of his are so adorable that they're irritating, though I've expressed my appreciation for them so many times that it no longer feels special to tell him so.

I slide my cheat sheet beneath my homework when Todoroki turns to me again. "Something wrong?"

I want to respond, but my mouth won't move. My heart feels like it's being torched by the sun as I study every bit of his face, our thighs pressed together. I'm torn between wanting these intense feelings to go away so I can be normal around him and wanting to feel like this for as long as I live.

Damn it. I want to kiss him. I've thought about it so many times that it makes me sick. If I weren't such an awkward mess, I probably would've done it by now. That's assuming he wants to kiss me too, which he probably doesn't.

"Bakugou?"

Oh shit. What am I supposed to be doing again? Oh right, paying him a compliment.

I mumble it out before I can process my words. "You have really nice lips."

Todoroki blinks and leans back in his chair. "What?"

"What?"

"What?"

"What?"

"What did you just say?"

"Handwriting," I blurt out. I point to the newest math equation he sketched on his paper. "You have really nice handwriting."

Todoroki glances back at his homework with furrowed brows. "Oh." He looks back at me again and smiles. "Thank you."

I nod, thankful that I managed to talk my way out of that one. That being said, this outing is a massive failure so far. I'll never have the privilege of calling Todoroki mine if I don't make more deliberate moves.