cuddles

"Meet me in the common room after dinner."

That's what Icyhot told me earlier today. He didn't wait for me to say I wanted him to do my homework tonight, but he didn't have to. At this point, our arrangement is set in stone unless I tell him otherwise.

Still, him wanting us to meet in the common room nerves me. Why a public setting? Aren't we meeting up so he can tell me my next task? Is he expecting me to do some grand gesture in front of everyone?

Part of me relaxes when I arrive and realize the room is empty. Of course, it's a weekday. That means my classmates are tucked away in their bedrooms tackling the monstrous workload due tomorrow for school.

Icyhot enters a few minutes after I do. He's certainly cheered up since earlier. The time we spent together during lunch was the last of his tears. I haven't told anyone that was where I went, and I probably never will. There was something really...nice about the way Icyhot allowed me to comfort him.

Not that I did anything drastic. I just held his hand, which is a perfectly normal thing to do in a situation like that. And I'll repeat that sentiment in my head all night if that's what it takes for these damn butterflies in my stomach to settle down.

"Hi," he says.

I stare off to the side. "Hey."

"Aren't you going to ask why I wanted us to meet here?"

Still looking away, I shrug. "I figure it has to do with whatever bullshit task you have for me."

"It does."

I look at him again. I didn't observe his outfit when he first came in. He's wearing one of the many turtlenecks from his collection. This one's a navy blue. Even though it's too big on him, it's a solid choice. It looks nice against his pale complexion, and it makes his eyes appear more vibrant. Also, it looks really fucking soft.

Damn it. What were we talking about again?

Oh right, our deal.

"So what am I doing, then?" I ask.

Icyhot tucks his hands into his sleeves. "I thought we could watch a movie."

I raise an eyebrow. "That's it?"

He gives a shy nod. "Well, yes, but I like to cuddle when I watch movies."

Of course he does.

"Whatever," I say, throwing myself onto the couch. "Just don't pick anything stupid."

Icyhot tilts his head while puffing his cheeks out. "You're not going to protest?"

I scoot to the edge of the couch so he can sit beside me. "The longer I fight you over it, the longer I have to be around you. So let's just get it over with."

Was that too mean? He doesn't seem bothered by what I said, but guilt still lingers deep in my heart. Icyhot's really not that bad and I should probably go easier on him. As seen earlier today, he's more sensitive than I initially perceived. And I don't want a repeat of this morning with a crying Icyhot.

So, after he dims the lights to the common room and joins me on the couch, I keep a straight face when he leans his head on my shoulder and hugs my arm. I'm in a short sleeved shirt, so the fabric of his sweater caresses my skin.

I was right. It is really fucking soft.

He only lets go to grab the remote and flip through the movie selections. "Can we watch Coco?"

"What the fuck is that?"

"It's a Pixar movie."

"Of course it is."