Prison Manhunt

Based off a prompt I saw somewhere.  Sorry, I can't give the person the right creds.  Enjoy!

//

And there it was, that gods damnable noise that haunted Sapnap's nightmares. It clanged through the air and swelled even louder as Sapnap looked up. Karl looked up as well, laying down the last of his concrete as he squinted past the sun.

"What the hell is that?"

Sapnap swallowed, his heart constricting with fear. First Quackity, now this. What the hell was happening?

"Sapnap?"

"Get inside, Karl."

"What," Karl asked, sounding astonished. Sapnap tore his eyes away from the direction of the noise, looking directly at Karl. He examined the dirt on his nose and the cute little mushrooms that were inhabiting his hair. He had finally gotten a stable life, and he wasn't about to lose it.

"You need to get inside," Sapnap snarled, pushing him towards the nearest building. "If you need to distract yourself, decorate the interior of the military base. We're gonna need it soon."

"What are you talking about," Karl snapped, pulling away from him. "Sapnap, tell me what's happening."

"It's the alarm," a quiet voice said. Both men turned to see George, eyes sleepy and hair askew. He had pillow creases on his cheek, but the look in his eyes discouraged all laughter. He was gaunt, and absolutely terrified.

"What alarm," Karl spat venomously.

"The prison alarm," Sapnap finally said, trying to swallow the truth. "Dream escaped. Which means both of you need to find somewhere safe now."

"While you do what?" Karl asked. "Go after Dream?"

"Yes," Sapnap replied stubbornly, taking his hand and kissing the cool ring adorning his finger. "And I'll be back before you know it, love. He's not going to have any armor or weapons coming out of that prison, this is my chance to end this all."

"I'm coming with," George insisted, using a barrel to hold himself upright. "This is my grudge as much as yours."

"George-,"

"If you try to stop me I'll sic a god on you."

Sapnap growled and pinched his nose, trying to ignore the wailing sirens in the distance.

"There's no time! Just hurry up George."

"What about me?"

"Karl, I love you, but this doesn't need to include you. Try writing more in the memory journal, decorate the interior, and just stay safe."

Karl looked hurt but he nodded.

//

Haha, that's all I have losers /lh

Word count: 383