Dream SMP Divergent Book

Any of you remember this?  No?  Well, neither did I when I first published this book.  But I saw it in my docs and gasped aloud.  Going back through it, I realized how desperate I was to just... not stop writing.  It's kinda sad, but here you go.  A project, doomed to fail.

Also, I did add 1 TW, but let me know if I missed anything else.  Enjoy this cringe lol.

Word Count- 24, 797

//

Long ago, the famous Divergent known as Tris destroyed the factions and sorting systems, freeing the city of its tyrannical and corrupted leaders. But other cities had similar ideas, ones that worked better and actually prospered. This city, SMP, was one of them. Still split into the same factions- Abnegation, Dauntless, Erudite, Amity, and Candor- but no one was constrained to one. In many studies, it was shown that most people belonged to a mixture of these factions whether they were Divergent or not, and the city adapted to these changes. At sixteen, children were tested in simulations and through paper tests. They were given their results, then allowed to decide which path they would take. But something odd was happening, changing. New passages opened up, waiting to be discovered by the right people. But unfortunately for Dave, only the wrong people found them.

ChapterOne

There was a gentle knock on his door, the third this morning. Dave groaned, stuffing his face into his pillow. The knocking continued, making him sit up. His mouth tasted foul and he took a sip from the cup on his bedside table. He nearly spat out the warm water but it washed the taste away at least. The hot, sticky air made his clothing cling to his body. He fumbled around on the bedside table and eventually managed to grab his wire rim glasses.

"I'm up," he called when he finally managed to put his glasses on his face, annoyed. The knocking refused to stop. He growled and stomped over to the door, throwing it open. "Phil I said- oh. What the hell Tommy?" He glared down at his younger brother, brushing his wiry brown hair from his eyes. He wished it was longer, but Amity children weren't allowed to grow out their hair. It was a sign of maturity.

"Good morning to you too," the fifteen year old huffed, already dressed in his iconic red and white shirt with jeans. "Phil said I had to get you up, not be nice about it." He stomped off and Dave dragged his hand down his face. His ears twitched in annoyance.

"Amity is about being nice, Tommy," he called down the hall.

"Don't care!"

He turned around and checked the clock. It was 7:15, much too early to be awake. He was about to go back to bed when his eyes landed on his calendar. It was April 15, the day circled in thick black marker. Dave's stomach lurched and he swallowed back his fear. Right. Testing started today. He did return to his room, but this time he got changed.

He trudged downstairs very slowly, dreading the day ahead of him. At least his classes would be cut in half. Less pointless lectures and teachers shouting at him to pay attention. He sat down at the table and a plate of fruit was slapped down in front of him. Phil smiled kindly at him, then went back to the stove. Dave could smell the bacon and he gently wrinkled his nose.

"Isn't it a bit impolite to cook pig in front of a pig," he asked offhandedly, making Phil chuckle. His father shrugged a little, his red kimono with yellow accenting swishing around him. He pushed the bacon around in the pan and his following statement was nearly drowned out by the renewed sizzling.

"Only if the pig eats it."

"So Tommy's a cannibal?"

"HEY!" The blonde boy smacked Dave on the head and dropped into a chair. "I'm not a bloody pig." It looked like he had attempted to tame his hair only for it to get puffier and messier.