The Overpass

A DNF fan fiction that I started working on a few days before Accelerate got huge.  I gave up on it after a little because of my lack of knowledge with cars and my inability to take my fixation off of Sleepy Buddies.  This one is longer because I wrote multiple chapters before giving up. 

//

Chapter 1

If one thing could be said about George, it was that he despised all forms of rule breaking. He was no goody two shoes, but breaking the rules simply didn't appeal to him. Anything from fights to cheating to sneaking out made him cringe. He wasn't overly religious either, but rules were there for a reason. Maybe it wasn't one he understood all of the time, but he followed it nonetheless. For example, the school's dress code.

A light blue, collared shirt with the school's crest inlaid onto the fabric and black shorts that fit him comfortably. A gold and blue tie sat on his chest, tied perfectly. His black leather shoes were unblemished and had no creases. It was all perfect, in order, and unbelievably clean. By this time in the year, most people had stains and snags on their clothes and their shoes were scuffed and scratched.

He was sitting in world history, gazing absentmindedly out a window. Summer was approaching, another year of pretending to go home. His parents had hoped sending him to this school would knock some sense into him.

"Making friends isn't illegal," they had said when he protested. "And maybe you'll live."

George snorted, he was living. He was working and being perfect, exactly what every parent could ever want. But no, keeping them satisfied was a full time job and he could only work part time. So they'd sent him to a private boarding school in the middle of nowhere and told him to come home when he had been expelled. Like that was ever going to happen.

The bell rang, loud and clear through the silent classrooms and hallways. Chatter swelled and people hurriedly packed up their things, looking forward to a night of fun and relaxation. George followed them, allowing himself to be swept into the crowd and through the halls.

"GEORGE," Quackity shouted, shoving through groups of people and earning glares as he caught up to him. His tie was loose and hung off of him like a noose, his sleeves were rolled up, and his pants were losing color. All in all, he looked like a mess and it made George smile. "Have you been avoiding me?"

"Of course not, why would I do that," George asked, following the flow to the dorms. The air was warming up a lot, seeping into the crowds and making them excited and bothered. George remained unaffected, but Quackity seemed to be lifted up by it.

"Because you haven't answered my texts and I couldn't find you at lunch," Quackity said with a goofy pout, his eyes large and fake-sad.

"Oh please, I'm sure you had other people to sit with."

"That's not the point George. I wanted to sit with your ungrateful ass this time, and you disappeared. You weren't in the library either, so don't try bullshitting with me on that either."

"I was at my next class, not all of us like to skip, idiot."

"I thought it was against the rules to insult people," a sassy voice called from behind the pair. Karl jogged up beside the pair, his fluffy brown hair bouncing along with his energized movements. He was holding an energy drink in his hand and George pursed his lips.

"No, it's not, but energy drinks are banned from school grounds."

"Are you going to turn me in then," Karl asked, his eyes sparkling and goofy. George sighed and averted his eyes, making the other two laugh.