✓Just A Bit Tipsy

"You go find us a table, we will go get drinks."
"Yeah, okay."

Because it was the boys' half-birthday (they would celebrate Athea's the day after), the Smith siblings decided a night out would be nice, so they went to The Royal Bondi. They weren't eighteen yet, but, to their surprise, they weren't asked for their IDs.

The girl watched as her brothers walked away from her, all splitting up; Ashton sat infront of a girl, Ayden seemed to just walk around (probably looking for some girl to talk to), and Alex went to the bar. She shook her head, turning around after feeling a tap on her shoulder, and sighing in relief when she saw a familiar face.
"Hey, Whippet!" she greeted, offering the older a smile.
"Hey, Thea. Wanna come sit with me and the guys?" the boy asked, taking her to his friends when she nodded.

"Athea, hey! How are ya?" Maxi smiled as the pair approached the table.
"I'm alright, Maxi, how are you?"
"Yeah, I'm good."
"Come sit over here," Whippet patted the space next to him and the girl slid herself in. "This is Jesse, Mouse, Hoppo, Reidy, Chappo, Deano, and obviously you've already met Maxi. Harrison just went to the restroom, but you've already met him."
"Ah, it's nice to meet you guys! I'm Athea, but my friends back home call me Thea," she smiled to the rest. "So you guys are all lifeguards too?"
Chappo nodded, "yeah. Hoppo's the boss."
"No offence but I kind of expected the head lifeguard to be some grumpy sixty year old," she laughed. Maxi was about to speak when Athea's phone rang. "Sorry, let me get that. It's probably Ax asking what drink he should get for some chick." She pulled out her phone, accepting the call. "Sorry, your sister is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

"Funny, Thea."
"Yo, Ash, mate, what are you doing with Ax's phone?"
"Whatever, that's not important right now."
"Woah, calm down. What's wrong?"
"I was just speaking to this girl and she asked me to go buy her a drink, so I did. But when I got back to her table, she's sat eating some other dudes face."
Athea let out a laugh, "oh, poor poor Ashton. You really just got played by a girl? Isn't it supposed to be the other way round?"
"Thea! You aren't helping! What do I do? Do I go leave the drink on her table?"
"No, drink it yourself."
"It's pinot grigio, I'm not drinking it."
"Bring it here and I'll have it. Its just alcohol, my days."
"Well where are you?"
"Table 23."
"Where's that?"
"For fucks sake, dude," she huffed, throwing her head back. "Seriously, and people say women are bad. Just stand at the bar and turn to your right."
"Oh, I see you! I'm coming over now."

Athea ended the call as Ashton approached her with a wine glass in his hand.
"Here, take it." She took the glass and downed the sweet liquid before handing it back to her brother. "Be careful, woman. I don't want you keeping me up all night because you're throwing up."
"What do you mean? Alex would be looking after me because he actually loves me, unlike someone."
Ashton rolled his eyes, "whatever. Do you know where the others are?"
"Alex was over by the bar and Ayden is either chatting up some chick or he's in the bathroom getting some," Aislinn responded.
"And the best you can do is sit with a group of men who run around shirtless all day? Pathetic."
"No, what's pathetic is you calling me because some chick just played you. Now get lost, Haz is coming back," she pushed her brother lightly as she spotted Harrison walking towards them.
"Haz? Who's that?" he asked with a raised brow.
"Harrison, you dumbass."
Ashton smirked, "you mean the guy you didn't shut up about last night?"
"Piss off. Go find some chick that isn't gonna play you. Look, maybe you can even get some like Ayden."
"Whatever"
She chuckled, "yeah, it is whatever. Now get lost."
"Quiet, woman."
"Oh my days- if you don't leave, I'll call A, and you know what he's like if someone disturbs him when he's screwing someone."
Ashton pulled a disgusted face at the younger as he pushed her shoulder, "you're nasty."
"I'm nasty? Ayden's the nasty- Oh, look at that blondie over there. Go on, I know you like blondes." Ashton literally ran from the table towards the girl his sister pointed at, the others laughing. "Finally," a sigh left the girl's lips.

Athea smiled, watching as Harrison made his way to the table.
"Oh, hey, Thea!" the blonde greeted, hugging the girl. "Just seen one of your brothers in the bathroom with some girl."
"Yeah, that'll be Ayden," she shook her head. "Disappointed but not surprised. It happens every single time we leave the house. Honestly, I'm surprised I'm not an aunt yet."
Harrison chuckled, "might be soon by the sounds of it."
"That man is nasty. I'm not letting him bring any girls into our new house. Hey, I'm gonna go get a drink, did you guys want anything?" The lifeguards all shook their heads as Athea squeezed past Harrison to get out, the boy putting his hands on her waist to help her out without falling. "You come to a pub without plans of getting drunk? And you call yourself men?" she joked before heading to the bar.

"What can I get for you tonight?"
"Hi. Can I get a bottle of mount mary quintet blend, yangarra ovitelli, tolpuddle chardonnay, and tyrrell's samillon, and 10 glasses to table 23 please?" Athea asked as she tapped on the counter.
"Of course. I'll have it over there in a few minutes. What is your payment method?"
"Card."
"You can pay when you get your drinks."
"Okay, thank you." Athea made her way back to the table, sliding past Harrison again to sit down.

"Where's your drink?" Chappo asked, noticing the girl walked back empty-handed.
"She said they'll bring it over in a minute," she informed, fingers tapping on the table out of boredom. It was literally seconds later that a man came over with a tray, holding four wine bottles, and ten glasses, and set it on the table.
"That will be $726.73," the waiter said as he put the card machine on the table. Athea pushed her card in and typed her pin before pulling it out and putting it back into her pocket. "Enjoy."

"So, did I get enough?" she asked as she handed out the glasses.
"You spent almost $800 on four drinks?" Jesse's jaw practically hit the floor.
Athea nodded, pouring some of the chardonnay into her glass, "I only get the best, Jesse. Help yourselves, guys."

---

"Come on, Athea, this way."
"No, this way! I wanna go to the beach!"
"Just keep her away from the water."

Athea had drank far too much wine in the last hour or so and was a bit more than just a little tipsy like she claimed she was. Her brothers had all ran off with their one-night stands, leaving the drunk girl with her new lifeguard friends. It had just turned 12 and they decided they should get her home, but it wasn't easy. She acted like a child when she was drunk and, although it was annoying having to chase her around, the boys thought it was rather cute how she got distracted by every little thing.

"Alright, ten minutes, Thea," Whippet said before the girl sprinted as fast as she could down to the beach with Harrison chasing after her seeing as none of the others were in too much of a hurry to stop her from getting in the water.
Athea lay on the sand, Harrison sitting next to her. "Harrison~" she turned to face the older who smiled down at her. "How ol- How old are you?"
He chuckled, "23. Why?" Athea hummed, standing up.
"Are you fit enough to play tag?"
"Uh maybe?"
"Catch me if you can!" And off she went, sprinting across the beach.
"You little.."

The other lifeguards chuckled as they watched the two run around the beach, Athea occasionally tripping over and then pulling Harrison down when he got close.

They had a good time that night and all agreed, even Athea (although she probably wouldn't remember), that they should do it again.