✓It's Freezing and I'm In A Bikini

Tired.
Athea was tired.

She slept over at Harrison and Maxi's place last night, and she and the New Zealander did the nasty. They both enjoyed it, but they were up until early hours because they wanted to make sure Maxi was asleep before they did anything.

The pair had to get up at five as they were on shift today, and the girl was not looking forward to it. She was exhausted and could hardly stand up, and all Harrison did was laugh and tease her.

"It's not funny, Hutz," Athea whined with a pout after falling into the older's arms when getting off the couch. Her angry pout just made him laugh more as he picked her up.
"I'm sorry, Bear, you're just so cute."
"How am I supposed to work? I'll be trying to run out for a rescue, and my legs will literally turn to jelly. Do you know how humiliating that would be?"
The boy chuckled as he grabbed his keys and opened the front door, "baby bear taking her first steps; running before she's walking." Athea just rolled her eyes and let him carry her out; at least she wouldn't embarrass herself by falling in public.

•─────✧─────•

The team were three hours through their shift and Athea was sat in the tower with Harrison and Singlets, dried tears on her face as the younger of the two comforted her. Her back, legs and stomach hurt far more than they ever have before, and it was all thanks to Harrison last night. Singlets didn't have a clue about why she felt this pain, but Jesse and Reidy, who the two swapped positions with, thought they may have an idea.
As per her request, she had a bag of ice against her back and a heat-pack on her stomach. The boys thought it was odd, but if it helped ease the pain, then sure.

"Do you feel any better, Thea?" Singlets asked after he finished radioing Deano about a struggling swimmer up north.
Athea hummed, "a little bit. It's just my back that's absolutely killing me."
"You should be more careful," Harrison spoke, trying to hold back a chuckle.
"Shut up. You're literally so annoying," she rolled her eyes, pushing the boy's shoulder lightly.
"Calm down, child," he replied.
"Am I scheduled with anyone else at any point or am I always going to be stuck with you?"

The three conversed for another fifteen minutes before Athea finally felt she could go back on to the sand where she was originally supposed to be.
"Are you sure? I'm sure Reidy and Jesse don't mind being down there," Singlets spoke after Athea said she wanted to go back to her original position.
Harrison took hold of the girls hand and pulled her out of the seat, the younger letting out a groan as she straightened her back and a popping noise echoed through the small room.
"You good?" the younger of the boys asked.
Athea nodded with a smile, "yeah, I'm good. Singlets, could you just radio to Jess and Reid and tell them we can switch back?"
"I reckon I prefer having you two lovebirds up here over the other boys," he joked, grabbing his radio. "Central to Jesse and Reidy, the kids are ready to swap back if you boys wanna come up to the tower."
"Yeah, copy, Singlets."
"Go wait downstairs, you two." They both nodded and bid the oldest goodbye before leaving, waiting at the bottom of the steps.

•─────✧─────•

"How long have we got left?" Athea asked as she slumped in the seat of the Can-Am after making a rescue. It was cold and getting dark, and she couldn't wait to go home and get into her warm bed.
Harrison shrugged, "I don't know. I don't have my phone."
"You always have your phone in the buggy," the girl whined, leaning forward and rested her head on the dashboard with a loud thud. That was sure to leave a mark of sorts.
He chuckled, eyes flickering to the girl who groaned, "whinge-ass."
"It's cold and I'm tired, I'm not a whinge-ass," Athea stated simply, lifting her head and wrapping her arms around herself. Harrison sighed and pulled off his hoodie, leading the younger to sigh too, "I didn't mean- no- put your hoodie back on, Kiwi. You're gonna get cold."
He shook his head, "I'm wearing a shirt, you're wearing a two-piece; you're obviously gonna need it more than I am. Besides, I've got my raincoat in the back." After throwing the hoodie onto her lap, he reached behind him and grabbed his raincoat.
"Seriously, Hutz, put your hoodie back on," Athea held the hoodie out to the boy, hands shaking slightly, watching him put on his coat.

"Central to South, looks like there's two kids struggling in that rip just ahead of you," Singlet's voice came through the video. Athea threw the hoodie at Harrison before jumping out of the Can-Am and grabbing the board, running to the water.
She shivered greatly as the freezing water came into contact with her skin. With eyes glued to the two young kids, aged five and seven, she paddled hard and fast, trying to ignore the cold and stingy feeling in her hands and feet.

"I got you," she said gently as she reached the boys. "Just take a breather and then I want you guys to hop on the board and face the front." They nodded, grabbing onto the sides of the board.
Athea turned her head, gasping lightly when she saw the large wave that loomed a few meters behind them. "You know what, scrap that. You can both swim, right? And hold your breath?"
"Yeah..?"
She smiled, "great. I want you both to hold eachother and not let go, alright? I'm not going to get you on the board; I want you both to go down. This wave would hit us hard and could inflict real bad injuries if you got on the board." The boys nodded and grabbed onto eachother. "Right, when I say go, I need you both to dive down, okay? I promise you will be just fine. I won't let anything happen to you. Alright.." She turned to look at the wave that had almost doubled in size, "go!" she shouted, watching the boys dive under before getting off the board herself. She felt the wave wash over them and swam to the boys who were just a few feet away from her, grabbing them and pulling them up go the surface. "Good job. Now, I want you both to swim over there to that reef, alright? Quickly, before this next wave comes." They did as she told them, swimming parallel to the beach to get to the reef safely. Athea followed closely behind them, watching this next wave that started to stir out by the shark buoy. It was hard to see due to the lack of light as the sky became slower by the minute, but the moonlight reflected off the crown of the wave just enough for her to spot it.
She climbed up onto the reef and picked up both of the kids, resting one on each hip, before heading towards the sandy beach. They were on the sand withing two minutes, the boys' mom waiting for them.
"Thank you so much!" their mother cried out, embracing the boys. "Oh, I was worried sick."
Athea smiled lightly, "no problem, please just watch them more closely next time. Make sure to wrap them up nice and warm, that water is freezing." The mother thanked her again before walking off with her boys, Athea heading back to the Can-Am.

"Hey, do you see the board? Hops is gonna kill me."