✓Ash Has A Date?

"And you promise you won't let this get in the way of your work?"
"Promise. Work always comes first."
"Yep. Work is first."
"Thank you. You can go."

As they expected, Hoppo had called the pair to his office before their shift. It went better than Athea expected : he asked how they were, congratulated them, and made them promise their new relationship won't get in the way work. She was expecting some sort of scolding.

Harrison and Athea walked, hand in hand, into the tower, grins on their faces.
"I suppose that went well?" Beardy asked, smiling at the couple.
"Guess you could say that," Athea shrugged, following Harrison to the front desk. They watched the beach through the window, "Kiwi, did you know I'm getting more saves than you?"
The male chuckled, "so far, love, every time you've said that, you've ended up with some sort of injury."
"What's the point of being a lifeguard if you aren't willing to risk your life for someone else?"
Beardy smiled, "she has a point, mate."

"Has he given you the D yet, Thea?" came the teasing voice of none other than Trent Maxwell as the door opened.
"Piss off, Maxi! Why do we always share shifts? I've had enough of you," the girl joked, shoving Maxi away from her. The older did it back, sticking his tongue out as he did so.
Harrison shook his head, "you act like five year olds. It's cute when Bear does it, but, Maxi, you look like a total weirdo."
"He's definitely a stubbie short of a six pack, Haz; no questions asked."
Beardy chuckled, "I haven't heard that one in a while. My dad used to say that, you know."
"Oh, stop picking on me!" Athea pouted, looking to Harrison for help though the older just smiled at her. "Whatever," she huffed, grabbing her phone off the desk as it started vibrating.

incoming video call...
Axo🐾

"What does he want?" she mumbled, accepting the video call. Alex appeared on her screen as Athea propped the device against the wall and sat down so she could be seen. "Hey, Ax."
"Thea, hi. So, I just wanted to ask if i could borrow, like, 400 dollars? In cash."
"Sure, whatever, just drop by the tower whenever to pick it up. What's it for?"
Alex smiled, taking off his shirt and throwing it to the side before pulling off his joggers, "I've got myself a date tonight."
"No, seriously," she deadpanned.
"Ugh, okay. I wanna get stoned tonight."
"That's more believable than you having a date, but try again." The boys laughed in the back.
He huffed as he played with his hair, "no, okay, so.. you know how Ashton hit it off with this chick he met the other day? He asked for help with planning a date and-"

Athea interrupted him, "Ash.. has a.. girlfriend? Do you have her number? Or are you able to get it for me?"
"Thea, sweetie, he's 18, I'm sure he's able to find the right partner."
She shook her head lightly, "I don't trust it, Ax. I don't want him getting hurt. Not again. I'm sorry but this date isn't happening until I've met her. I've told all three of you that you don't spend the night with anyone until I meet them."
"You don't have to, though. We can take care of ourselves."
"I don't think so. Just, please, get me her number or social media, or even her address. Anywho, what were you saying? Ash asked for help planning a date and you wanted money for it?"
Alex nodded with a smile, "yup!"
"Sure; like I said, pop down whenever. Could you bring my lunch down with you, too? I left it in the fridge, I think."
"I don't even know why you call it lunch, to be honest. It's literally yoghurt and fruit. That's what mom used to give you for your breaktime snack when you were in school."
"How else am I supposed to remember her?" She smiled sadly, "but, no, not this time. I've just got a small yoghurt and one of those granola bars I made yesterday. But are you able to bring it down?"
"Sure. Now get to work and I'll be down in like half an hour."
"Bye, see ya!"
"Bye bye."

When the call ended, Athea pushed herself, in the chair, towards the back counter where she put her bag. "Boys.. they always want something," she spoke to herself as she grabbed her purse. "Give a man money and sex, and he's thriving and living his best life." She pulled out seven 100 dollar notes and an elastic band, rolling and wrapping the notes before pushing it into her pocket and throwing her purse back into her bag.
"He only asked for four?" Maxi reminded questioningly.
"I know," Athea shrugged, sliding herself back to the front desk. "Who am I with this morning?"
Harrison smiled and wrapped his arms around the girl over the chair, looking out to the water, "when are you not with me?" he asked with a slight smile, thumb rubbing gently on her chest.
"I don't think I can spend another ten minutes with you, baby," she mumbled with a grin. "Are we in the tower?"

"Yeah, you are, you lucky bastard."
Athea focused on the new reflection in the window, "when did you get here?"
"Literally just now. Quick half hour, I know," Alex responded, greeting them all with a smile. "Guess what I'm doing all day? Fucking gardening. Man, this shit sucks."
She rolled her eyes, "whatever, crybaby." Her hand reached inside her pocket and pulled out the rolled cash, "seven," she said shortly, holding it out to her brother. "Have you got me her number?"
Alex shook his head, "I can send it over later."
"You know the deal. You give me what I want and I give you what you want."
"Come on, Thea~ I need the money~" Alex whined, trying to grab the notes from his sister.
Athea shoved the money back into her pocket and sighed, "no number, no cash. Simple."

Alex grabbed a small bag off the side, "fine. I'll take your lunch with me."
"Alex, love, you do realize that we live literally two minutes away," she deadpanned, looking at her brother. "I can come get my lunch on my lunch break, dumbass."
"Ugh, there's no winning with you."
"Nope. And, about the number.." she started. "I'll give you the money as long as I have her number by 8pm tonight. If not, I'll charge it to your account. Deal?"
The boy nodded, "deal." He took the cash and placed a quick kiss on the girl's forehead before bidding them all goodbye.

"Twerp."