✓Join Us

*for a little bit, italics are used to show that a foreign language is being used. after that, italics are used to show people speaking over the phone or a similar device as usual

"Bye, boys, I'm off!" Athea called into the house as she opened the door.
"Have fun!" Alex shouted back from the kitchen. Athea left the house and pretty much skipped down the driveway to the promenade. She was going down to the beach to visit the boys in blue and just chill.
"Good morning!" she chirped to almost everyone she passed. She got a few replies of the same thing, some smiles, and just one or two looks of disgust. She wouldn't let that taint her mood, though.
"Good morning, Deano!" Athea waved to the off-duty lifeguard, jogging over to him.
Deano smiled, "good morning, Thea."
"Daddy, who's this?"
"Ah, Thea, you haven't met my little girl." He picked up the two year old, "Thea, this is my daughter Lucy; Lucy, this is my friend Athea."
"Aww, her hair!" Athea squealed, looking at the child's curly blonde hair. "You're so pretty, Lucy," she complimented, noting her little freckles, her baby blue eyes, and her cute smile.
Lucy giggled, hiding her head in Deano's chest, "thankies." They reached the tower and walked in, greeting Jesse and Reidy who were on tower duty.

"What are you doing here? Harrison isn't on duty until one," Reidy joked, earning laughs from them all.
"Be quiet," Athea blushed. "I'm here to relax. A quiet day away from the boys. I did plan on going for a little bit of a surf but I left my board at home so that's one idea gone out the window."
Jesse chuckled, "yeah, right. I can call Maxi and tell him to bring Harrison down if you want?"
"Whatever," she shrugged, walking to the front of the tower and looking out to the beach. "There's so many people.. I'll probably chill just infront of the tower for an hour or two." Athea turned around and headed to the door, "have fun working, boys. I'll be down there if you need anything. Bye, Lucy; I'll see you in a bit." She waved to the young girl, who waved back, before leaving.

After laying out her beach blanket a few feet infront of the tower, Athea pulled out a book she had packed in her bag and lay down, reading the abundance of words spread over many pages.

"Sonni! Sonni!"

Athea looked up from her book and saw an Asian mother running around the beach, so she immediately put down her stuff and made her way over. "Hey, are you okay?"
"My girl- daughter. Lost. She lost," the woman replied. "Sorry- small English. I Korea."
She nodded, "korean?"
"Oh! You speak korean?"
"Of course. So you lost your daughter? Where was she last?" Athea asked, looking around the beach.
"She went there," the woman pointed to backpackers rip and Athea started to worry.
"Are you sure you last saw her at backpackers?" Athea asked. "I don't want to worry you but it's dangerous down there. I'll go and tell the lifeguards to watch out for her. Can you describe her for me?"

After hearing all she needed to and then packing away her stuff into her bag so that no one could take it, Athea ran up to the tower. "Guys, we've got a missing child called Sonni. She's seven years old from Korea," she spoke as she opened the door, threw her bag on the side, and walked to the front. "Her mom said she was last seen in backpackers." Athea grabbed a pair of binos and put them to her face, looking toward the south end. "Radio the guys and just let them know we are looking for a seven year old Korean girl down south."
"Well someone seems to know what she's doing," Jesse spoke. "You should radio. You know what she looks like 'n all."

Athea complied, grabbing the radio from Jesse, "Bondi Central to all lifeguard on the beach. We have a missing child. Her mom hasn't seen her for almost forty minutes now. Her name is Sonni, she's seven years old and from Korea. She speaks little to no English, and was last seen down south near backpackers. She's about four foot tall, black hair, and wearing a dark blue one-piece." She put down the radio, still looking through the binoculars. "Come on, Thea," she mumbled to herself, "four foot tall, black hair, dark blue swimsuit. You literally cant miss her considering about eighty percent of people at the beach are blonde."