✓Missing Gladstones

Athea opened the door to Central Tower, singing Megan Trainor's Me Too. She was in a very good mood, and anyone could see it.
"Good morning, Thea."
"A very good morning to you too, Reidy!" Athea threw her bag onto the side and continued singing as she sat down next to her colleague who chuckled.
"You're in a good mood; the boys finally decided who's doing what house chores whilst you're working?"
Athea chuckled, "I wish!"
"So.. you've had a bit of coffee this morning?"
"Nope! Just in one of those moods, y'know?"
Reidy nodded with a smile, "well, kid, don't lose this energy today. Supposed to have brilliant weather so there will be thousands of people down here."
"Yeah, I see. There's already probably seven hundred, give or take, and it's only 8. Anywho, I'm gonna head down to the sand and I'll be back up in about twenty minutes if nothings happening." Athea left the tower and ran down to the waters edge, watching the swimmers carefully.

"Auntie Thea!" The lifeguard turned, smiling when she saw the little girl.
"Lucy, hiya, darling!"
"Auntie, I came down with daddy, but I can't find him.." Lucy pouted, kicking the sand.
Athea picked up the young girl, "shall we go look for him, sweet?" Lucy nodded and Athea started walking around the beach before pulling out her radio. "Yo, Reidy, mate, can you see our Deano anywhere?"
"Yeah, Thea, he looks like he's just heading up here," Reidy replied.
"There you go, sweet; your daddy's over by Central Tower."
"He hasn't got either of the kids.." Reidy mumbled, leading the other lifeguard to worry.
"I have Lucy. Lucy, sweet, did your daddy bring Gussy to the beach too?"
Lucy nodded, "I was with Gussy before I found you."
"Oh no.."

Athea spotted Troy in the Can-Am and jogged over, "hey, Gonzo, have you seen Gus?"
"No, is he missing?" Troy replied, hopping out of the vehicle.
The girl nodded, handing Lucy to the older before climbing on top of the Can-Am to look for the missing boy.

"I don't see him; you got eyes on him, Thea?" Reidy asked through the radio.
"Not yet, Reidy, not yet. I'll find him, don't worry," Athea answered. "Gonz, can you just take us up the beach a little?"
Troy nodded, sitting Lucy in the Can-Am before getting in and driving towards the middle of the beach, Athea still stood ontop. It looked a little weird to beachgoers, but she didn't care too much, she just wanted to find her friend's son.

"I've got him!" Athea jumped off the top of the moving vehicle and ran to the young boy who wandered around the beach. "Gus, hi baby."
"Auntie! Where's daddy?"
"Don't worry," she spoke quietly to the boy as she picked him up. "Daddy is up there," she pointed to the Central Tower. "I'm gonna take you up there now, okay?"

Troy picked up Lucy and started walking to his colleagues in the tower, the younger right behind him. "You're good, Thea, you're very good," Troy said as they walked up the stairs.
"I know, Gonz, I know." They both chuckled. "Two children for a Mr Dean Gladstone," Athea announced as they walked inside.
"Daddy!" The children shouted at the same time.
Deano let out a sigh of relief as he embraced his kids, "thanks, guys. I knew you'd be able to find them."
She let out a laugh, "they aren't hard to miss with their hair. Honestly it'll be so unfortunate when their hair starts to straighten out as they get older. I will literally cry when their curls are gone."
"That wouldn't surprise me, to be honest. You cried when Hutz got rid of that cat on his head." The boys laughed remembering how the girl walked into work looking so depressed, and how Harrison said that she ignored him for almost an entire week after he got his hair cut.

"His hair was curly and he looked way better with longer hair. Anyway, I'm gonna head down to backpackers, looks as if there's a couple heads in that rip so I'll just check it out." Athea gave Gus and Lucy a quick forehead kiss before leaving.

"Auntie Thea is a lifesaver, Daddy."