Chapter 1

The palace mage dressed in black hovered her glowing hands over Jason's bandaged neck and chest.

"How is he?" King Alexander asked, as The mage hums. Jason huffs, looking around.

"The boy is fine, except damaged vocal cords. But there's one thing I don't understand." The mage said, as she lowers her hands to tilt Jason's head back.

"What has you puzzled?" King Alexander asked, and the mage points at the fresh pink scar across Jason's neck.

"His throat was slit open. He actually should have died. I got hints of light magic used, but Shadow beings can't wield any light items." The mage said. Jason scowled, and the mage lets go.

"M...ma." Jason said, before pointing at his neck. The mage looks at him.

"Your mother? Did she have a scar like yours?" The mage asked. Jason nods.

"Then is she dead?" King Alexander asked. Jason got off the bed and points at a knight's sword. Jason motions the knight to draw his sword. The knight looks at King Alexander, who nods. The knight shrugs and draws his sword.

"Ok? Now what?" The knight asked. Jason motions to the mage to hold her arms like a bird. The mage nods and did so. Jason points at the knight, then his sword, then points at the mage and last his neck.

"Can someone explain that to me? I don't speak mute." The knight said. The mage rolled her eyes.

"The boy said "Hold your sword at the mage's neck." Even I can see what he was trying to do." A young mage said, crossing her arms. The knight growls, as he walks over. The knight held his sword at the mage's neck. Jason smiled before hiding behind the mage. King Alexander tilts his head and nods.

"Ah. I see. Your mother protected you, right?" King Alexander asked, and Jason nodded, as the knight steps back and puts up his sword. The mage sighed, as she turns to Jason.

"If your mother died, protecting you. Then who attacked you and your family?" The mage asked. Jason points at the knight and held up 6 fingers. King Alexander stood up.

"You mean to tell me that 6 of my knights attacked you and your family?" King Alexander asked, and Jason stares at him and nodded.

"But why would the knights attack a child? He seems like a good kid." The mage said, as the door opens.

"Father? You wanted to see me and mom? Oh! Jason! You're okay!" Sarah said, as she looked into the room. Sarah sees Jason and rushes over to him. Sarah walks around him, as she looks him over, before hugging him. Everyone looks at Sarah, confused, as Mary steps in.

"Oh! Jason! Are you okay? Dear? What happened to him?!" Mary asked, as she walks over to Jason and kneels down.

"Uh...My dear? How do you know this boy?" King Alexander asked. Mary glared at him.

"This is Jason Dark! He's the son of my dear friend! I told you that many times. I took Sarah out to see my friend, so Sarah has a friend around her age. Then somehow some of our knights came back with your daughter crying! I didn't even get to see my friend yesterday." Mary said, as Sarah pulls Jason away from Mary.

"No! He's my friend!" Sarah said, Mary sighed.

"I know what happened." A voice called out. Everyone looks at the window to see King sitting at the window couch.

"Alex! Are you here to read more books?" Sarah asked, King nodded.

"I'll see you in the library." King said, and Sarah nodded. Sarah grabs Jason shirt and his hands.

"Come on! I must show you the library!" Sarah said, az she pulls Jason with her and left the room.

"What happened to Jason?" King Alexander asked. King sighed.

"We were reading some books and acting out some of the scenes. It got a little rough and Sarah slipped and fell into mud. We laughed about it, as Jason's mom came out to check on us. Queen Mary had left for a bit to get something, when 6 of knights had passed by us, laughing. I'm guessing they assumed we were bullying Sarah and yelled at us. Jason's mom defended us saying that we were playing. They didn't like that. One of them tried to grab Sarah, when Jason shoved him away using shadow magic. That got them pissed and attacked us. Sarah was grabbed and taken away, as Jason's mom protected Jason and I. They stabbed her and cut off her head. Jason used shadow magic to send me away, as they slit his throat." King said, as he glared at the floor. Mary cobered her mouth, as tears ran down her face.

"NNNNOOOOOOO!" Mary cried, as she drops to the floor crying. King Alexander turned to the knight.

"Gather every knight that was in town yesterday and at the gates, and bring them to the throne room. Alex. Do you see who the knights were?" King Alexander asked, as the knight bows and leaves the room. King looks up and nodded.

"I had my other eye covered, but yes. I can see through their armors. I can pick them out." King said, and King Alexander nodded.

"Very well. Lets go to the throne room and wait. Sorry to bother you again, but can you help us, if my knights try to leave the room?" King Alexander asked. The mage nodded and gestures to the young mage.

"My apprentice can help with that. I'll tend to Queen Mary." The mage said, and King Alexander nods. King teleports beside King Alexander. King Alexander looks down at King and King teleports them to the throne room.