Chapter 2

"Come on, My Queen. Let's go see your daughter. I'll prepare a private funeral for your friend and Jason." The mage said, as she gently coax Mary to stand up and leads her into the hallway.

"T-that would be nice." Mary said, and the mage nods.

"The boy will be able to speak again. I would like to examine him some more, if he's going to stay here."  The mage said, as Mary nodded.

"I think Sarah would like that too." Mary said, as the mage smiled. The mage leads them to the library. Sarah was sitting with Jason, as she read outloud to him.

"And then the man yelled out "How dare you! I saved you, and this is what I get in return?!" As he slaps her across the face. Jenny glared at him and pulled out the dagger, plunging it into the man's stomach, and dragged it up. The man stepped back and intestines spilled out. The man stared down in shock, as he lifts his hand to the-. Hey! No! I was reading that!" Sarah whined, as the book flies out of her hands. Jason looked up surprised.

"Really?! I thought we hid all the murdering and inappropriate books! How did you find this one?" The mage asked, placing a hand on her hip. The book floats over to the mage's hand. Sarah laughs nervously.

"Uh...well...you see...John did it!" Sarah said. The mage blinked.

"What?! Jonathan Bores!" The mage yelled, as she storms out of the library. Mary laughs out a soft laugh. Sarah looks at her mom.

"Mom? Are you okay? You seem sad." Sarah said, as she and Jason got up and walked over to Mary. Mary smiles, as she kneels down.

"Mom's fine, my little star. How would like it if your friend stays with us? He can live here and learn about knights and magic like you." Mary said, as Sarah gasps happily. She turns to Jason.

"Jason! Did you here that? You can be my knight and when I'm queen, I'll marry you!" Sarah said. Jason blinked and looked down blushing.

"Whoa there, Little Star! You're still too young! But yes. If Jason is fine with it. He can start his training with Alex." Mary said. Jason looks up and nodded.

"Mhm!" Jason smiled. Sarah cheers and hugs him. Jason turns his head away, as his ears glowed red. Mary giggles at the sight.

.......

"Your Majesty! Here are the knights that were in town yesterday and at the gates." A knight said, as he bowed. The group of 24 knights kneeled. King Alexander looks down at the group from his throne. 4 rows of 6 knights.

"A boy entered my castle bleeding from his throat. He managed to tell me that he was attacked by some knights that were patroling the area known as Queen Mary's area. Alex. If you would." King Alexander said, as King nodded. King walked up and looked at each knight. King walks back to the front and turned towards the group of knights.

"The two knights in front row. The first knight on the far left and the last knight on the right in the second row. And the last two on the far right in the fourth row. That's who attacked Princess Sarah's friend and his mother." King said, as Kong Alexander waved his hand. The kinghts grabbed the ones King said, and tied them up. Some of the knights bowed and left, while the rest stayed behind.

"So. You six attacked a young mother and her son. Care to explain yourselves?" King Alexander asked.

"That Shadow brat was laughing at the princess who was covered in mud! That demon too! The woman put her filthy hands on the princess. We had to protect the princess!" A knight spoke up. King Alexander hums.

"So. Not only did you just admitted to attacking the boy and his mother, but assumed that my daughter was helpless! You attacked the Queen's dear friend in the Queen's protected area for some of Shadow beings that got reformed! Do you have any idea of what you've done?!" King Alexander yelled, as he slams his fist down. The knights along the wall stiffen, as the tied up knights flinched. One of the tied up knight glared at the one who spoke up, throught his helmet.

"You idoit! Now you've made him mad!" Another tied up knight snapped at him. This caused an argument between them, blaming each other.

"Enough!" King Alexander yelled out, and the room went silent.

"All six of you will be executed by beheading, coming dusk. Your bodies will be burned. Dismissed." King Alexander said, waving his hand. The tied up knights were grabbed. They protested and yelled at King Alexander, begging for mercy, as they were dragged out of the room. The mage apprentice walked up and stood beside King.

"Your Majesty. A word, if I may." The young mage said, as she bows.

"Speak." King Alexander said. The young mage looks at King Alexander.

"Master, said that the boy will be able to speak again. The Queen has requested that the boy learns magic and swordsmanship with Alex. And that he lives here as a knight." The young mage said. King Alexander glances at King, who seems not to be paying any attention to them.

"Request granted. The boy can stay. He can learn magic from our palace mage and swordsmanship from Cipher." King Alexander said, as King snapped out of his thoughts.

"Excuse me? What?! You want me, a dream demon, to teach a mute shadow how to hold a sword?" King asked. King Alexander stared down at King.

"Is there a problem, Cipher?" King Alexander asked. King stares at him, before sighing.

"No, Your Majesty. I'll get started tomorrow." King said. King Alexander smiled, as he claps his hands.

"Excellent! Now you can go stop your Master from attempting to kill her husband for giving my daughter the book. Be sure to tell him that he can get ice ready for the Annual Shooting of the Stars Festival with his junior knight in training." King Alexander said. The young mage bowed, as King and her left the throne room.