𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟏𝟐

𝐋𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧:

𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐝𝐭

--------------------------------------------------------------

With Aether and Paimon asleep soundly within their teapot, that left you outside

With Aether and Paimon asleep soundly within their teapot, that left you outside. You were standing there's for how many hours now? Three? Five? Right. Three hours and 42 minutes, and 13 seconds. Just watching the teapot and sky as you awaited the land to be illuminated by the Sun's light. 

And that feeling  to move began to sink in. The need to be fighting something. Actively fighting. You had never not  been active during these hours, that you hadn't even noticed fighting became a habit. Was this unhealthy? Not a concern.

Feeling more and more itchy, you had summoned your sword once more and set out to the outskirts of Mondstadt.

. . .

Hillichurl camp after hillichurl camp. One after another fading into dust as the seconds ticked by. You hadn't even touched your mask. 

As much as you'd internally complain about the repetitive natural of battle, and would much rather stay in the mountain ranges, that very act of battle had become second nature. 

And you had observed things. Unlike Liyue, there was a lack of demons. Absent even. Strange. But this also meant the effort of the Yaksha weren't in vain. They're work indeed had an impact and was keeping the monsters at bay. Preventing them from reaching the other flourishing nations.

Especially Mondstadt. This was such a beautiful place. So much life, wind, and freedom. A place of the people. Not a place that should be tainted by demons. Not by karma.

But this made you think. Think about Liyue. About where you should be. And a sinking guilt that had been present from the moment you stepped out of Liyue returned. 

I shouldn't be here. I should be back in Liyue. I could very well be bringing karma and corruption to this place. To keep the demons at bay is my duty, but how can I do that if I am not where the demons are. Instead I'm indulging myself, trying to live out a fantasy. How unbecoming. I should cut this game short before it-

Your thoughts were cut off by a sound of explosion in the distance. Turning to the source, you saw a small trail of smoke rising into the air. A signal? Whatever the case, you needed to investigate. 

You quickly made way to the location of the explosion. The smoke had already blended with the air and was now gone. But you had remembered where it was coming from. You made sure you as well hidden as possible, but ready none the less. If it was a human, you needed to be prepared. If it wasn't, then you needed it be hidden.