𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟏𝟒

【𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭】

𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬

Karmic debt has been the cause of several lives lost. The Yaksha are not the only ones that fallen victim to the divine karma from slain lives. In turn, there are endless ways that karma can manifest.

Throughout history, Liyue has faced several struggles and calamities. This, being no exception. Recently, the Mingyun Village has been facing an increase in monster attacks. As such, you had been tasked with defending the village for the time being. You had been in the outskirts of the area some time already to save a few civilians.

When you first stepped into the village lands, you could tell that this was the more well-off part of Liyue. Quickly, the residents peeked outside to observe you, whispering amongst themselves. But, as soon as you looked in their direction, they shut their doors and windows. For a while, you just stood there as more and more people started to gather around. You were sure that if you took a step closer, they would flee. They were already keeping quite the distance so there wasn't a real issue. So, you remained still. 

This, sadly, was nothing new to you. While the other Adeptus were worshiped and praised, humans had always been more wary of you. For the time being, you could only wait and stay alert for any monsters that threatens the lives of the innocent. 

But suddenly, coming the crowd is a voice. "Wait a minute- Hey! It's you!" 

Hearing someone address you, your eyes turn to look in their direction. Pushing through the crowd, a young man with long brown hair and hazel eyes approaches you as people looked on in shock. 

"You're that Adpetus that saved me in the forest, right? I wanted to thank you personally for that. My name is  ̵̛̩̻̏̅̇̈́͂̈́̈̀͝ ̶̛̛͔͚̠̭̱̟̘̣̹̐͆̍́̈́̚͘̚ ̸̢̺̺͔͕̩͎̂̊̈̿̓̚͜ ̴̧̢̬͎̻̩͇͈͍͝ͅ ̶͉̙͗͊ ̵̛̰̦͙̪̯̭̙͊̎͌͒̊͆ͅ ̴̡̩̃̇̈́͂̍̂͆̓̕ ̵̨̡̢͓̻̫̜̝͈̾ ̴̧̫̞̾̿̀͒̚ ̸͎̮̥͔͔̰̻̮̿̈́͊̾̈́͂̊͗ ̶̢̻͚̀͋͋̈́́̚ ̷͇͍͕͕̗̙̺̰͊̃́͛̈́́̐̚ ̷̧̺͙̩̉̋̋̒̾̑̈̄̒̍ͅ ," As he said...something, you felt the world glitch apart for a moment. The skies broke apart as people's faces blacked out. You tried to move but your body was frozen as colors and fire flashed before you. As soon as you felt your limbs again, you took a step back, startled by the images that flashed in your mind. But sure enough, everything returned to normal just as suddenly.

 "Are you alright?" he said. 

"Huh? Oh, yes, I'm alright..." you said while clutching your head, taking in a breathe.

"So, what's your name?" 

"Wincausias. Address me as such." you said, crossing your arms across your chest. You eyes looked around the area carefully, still disturbed by what you had just seen.

"Wincausias," the man repeated. "That's a pretty name. Does that mean we're friends now?"

Hearing him ask if they were 'friends' snapped your attention back to him.

"Oh! Uh- sorry, was I being to forward? I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable," he said as he averted his eyes for a moment. An embarrassed blush coming to his cheeks. 

'Friends'. No human had approached you before, let alone hold a conversation with you. Even amongst the Adepti, you lived a more secluded and lonely existence. You were still wary of the strange scenes you had witnessed, but when a human asks you to be his friend, what can you do?

"It's...alright. If you so wish, I am willing to call you a 'friend'," 

Upon hearing your acceptance, his eyes light up. A bright smile appeared on his face. It spread a warmth to you that you hadn't felt before. 

"Really? I-" before he can finish, a man and a woman run up from the crowd. 

"What do you think you're doing?!" The man said, putting a hand on      his     back.

There it is again. Just trying to think of his name, the world changes. In the next moment, the women is on his hands and knees, her head near the ground.

"Please forgive my son's actions! He meant you no disrespect," the woman said. She sounded desperate as if you were a god delivering divine punishment. 

For a moment, you simply stood there silently. The crowd around you seemed scared now with children hiding behind their parents. The woman quickly stood up and ushered the man and...him back towards their village. 

Now with all eyes on you, no one noticed when he looked back with a smile and said, "I'll see you soon..."

With a gasp, you opened your eyes, small bead of sweat rolling down your face. The cold wind of Dragonspine hit your face as you looked down at the fire illuminating the cave. That's right...you were still here. Albedo had fallen asleep on his desk and Aether was sleeping on the ground with Paimon at his side. With a deep breathe you tried to calm your nerves. But, whenever to tried to remember that 'dream', it was all so blurry. This isn't the first time you've had a dream like that. Even if you can't remember much from them, his face kept coming back like it was haunting your thoughts. You're missing something but you can't tell what

Who is he?

[Author's note]

Hello everyone! (I'm alive I swear T^T)

Thank you so much for being patient while I've slowly been working on my skills as a writer. A lot of things have happened since my last chapter and even though I might unpublished my 'filler' chapters, I'm still so grateful for those that have stuck around. Ive done a bit of an overhaul in the direction I want to take this story in (I'm gonna try my best not to retcon any past information) I hope you all will enjoy it nonetheless!