July 24th

"Hello Jungkook,

Oh my God, I just read your letter and I think I'm still trying to realize what you just told me. It's been a while since I read it and I finally found the courage to grab a pen to write to you. I just can't believe it, I feel like I'm dreaming. I'm shaking, I don't know if it's excitement, stress, apprehension, or if it's surprise maybe, but I'm having trouble keeping still since your announcement. My mind is still confused, I don't know what to think or what to say to you. But I had a big smile from ear to ear and my heart was racing while reading your letter, I guess it's a good sign...

Jungkook, you may be surprised, but to tell you the truth, it's also been a while since I noticed our relationship had changed, that we were... Closer than before? More accomplices? I thought and told myself it was nothing, we were simply very good friends, all good friends with a strong bond went through this. I hadn't really asked myself any questions about it to tell the truth, maybe in the end it was simply because I was afraid. Afraid of this sudden rapprochement, afraid of knowing what it meant, afraid that new feelings will be created and our relationship will change.

Jungkook, if you knew how my heart is beating and my cheeks are heating up as I write you this letter. You're right, saying it by letter is frankly easier, I don't know either if I would have had the courage to tell you everything to your face. Guess that makes me a pretty coward too, haha...

Anyway, I had also felt on several occasions, although I had decided not to pay too much attention to it, a new feeling where I wanted you only for me. A sense of possession, and mild jealousy when someone got too close to you. But I thought it was normal to react like that with his best friend, right? Now I know no, it wasn't, and neither was your side.

You know how much I love you and enjoy spending time with you Jungkook, and I don't want to ruin our beautiful friendship either.

But Jungkook, I thought about it and I want to give it a try. All these feelings we feel aren't there for nothing, they mean something and we must not miss them. Why wouldn't that work? We get along very well and we've been close for a long time, I feel that it will work.  And I hope...

In fact, we should never have said that to each other in letters, now I want to see you there right away. I don't know what I'll do, but I need to see you. To be able to explain and also to put all that in the light. I can't wait to see you again, I miss you. Kiss Jungkook, see you soon!" ♡

Taehyung