Chapter 1

緑黄色社会 『Mela!』Music Video

 (Just think of this as an opening song! :D)

A/n : There's a slight edit! please read this chapter again to avoid any misunderstanding :D (3pm 11/3/22)

CH.1 : Quirks and how they can get you killed

In a new society where superpowers are the norm, quirk has become a trait that tells you apart from the other. Another distinctive part of your identity that makes you unique, and pretty much recognizable even when in the midst of crowds.

And that, makes quirk an absolute nightmare for covert agents.

Such powerful or versatile quirks might be useful in combat, but as someone whose main priority is to stay hidden and not get discovered, your quirk being revealed to the opposing party would be equal to a death sentence.

Because quirks are very easy to memorize. And unlike your physical appearance, it can't be changed since the moment it manifests. When your opponent remembers you from your quirk, then any disguise would be a moot point as long as you keep using it.

It is saying that if the official documents, (which can be traced with just knowing one's quirk, since most of them contained that information.) didn't give you away first, then your own quirk definitely would.

For this reason only, every intelligence operative who works undercover is specifically taught to not be reliant on their quirks. Instead, they're trained to suppress them and only use them if necessary. Martial arts and weapons then become their new 'abilities', and being quirkless have never been a blessing until now.

Quirkless means one less trait to cover, thus lowering the risk of making any slips up. Not only that, many agents also pretended to be quirkless so the enemy would underestimate them and lets down their guards more, Further giving them the advantage.

So it's a surprise to him that the PSB's investigator is completely fine with this.

"You.. you really have to openly use your quirk this time, sir."

Matsuda looked nervously at his superior from where he was signing off the discharge papers. The young man himself was changing his clothes, adorning the more formal pairs of navy suits and matching slacks. His pristine white shirt and neat black tie completed his attire, making him look even more professional.

"Of course. UA is a prestigious high school where students are aspiring to be pro heroes. Most of them are talented individuals gifted with equally strong quirks, being quirkless would only make you stick out like a sore thumb."  He calmly replied, hands combing the short blue hair that was back to its original color.

Today Sagara has finally got discharged, and they'll be heading to the National Police Agency to return the mission files. There's also one last briefing with superintendent Masaaki before he begins his mission.

The ravenette frowned, silently handing over a grey coat and a silver watch to their owner, "But isn't it too risky to do so, sir?"

The blue-haired man just grinned as he put them on and strode out of the room, his already packed bag in hand. Matsuda immediately followed him.

Soon, both of them exited the hospital building and into the bright sunlight of spring. The weather at this time of month is a bit cold, but still warm enough for sakura trees lining the hospital to bloom beautifully. They could see people stopping by to take pictures, and even some of the patients are relaxing on benches underneath them.