CHAPTER 48

=== K Y L O ===

I woke up alone that morning.

"Chinn?" My eyes were closed while roaming my hands on the bed expecting a warm body beside me.

I opened my eyes when I didn't hear an answer and when I didn't feel her body.

Maybe she went out early again to accompany Nanay Carm. Napangiti ako. Last night was something else that's for sure. She was all over me like I was all over her. Making love to her will always be the highlight of my evenings.

I showered up and wore a casual attire. Walang pasok ngayon kaya hindi ko kailangang pumasok sa kapitolyo.

Lumabas na ako ng kwarto at hinanap si Nanay Carm. Alas-diyes na pala ng umaga kaya panigurado ay nakabalik na ang mga ito.

Naabutan ko si Nanay Carm sa kusina.

"Good morning Nanay Carm!" Kumuha ako ng kape na nasa tabi nito.

Kumunot ang noo ko nang hindi ito sumagot. Sa lahat ng tao sa bahay na iyon, si Nanay Carm ang hindi nauubusan ng ngiti para sa lahat.

"Okay ka lang 'Nay? May sakit ka ba? Pahinga muna kayo."

Umiling ito at nagpahid ng luha. Mas lalo akong sinalakay ng kaba.

"'Nay Carm-"

"Umalis na si Patch, Kylo."

It didn't register to me at first I had to hear it again.

"Umalis na siya ng bahay, Kylo."

Natawa ako. "'Nay naman. Huwag niyo nga akong niloloko. Don't play pranks at me especially that. I was with her last night."

"Sinundo na siya ng boss niya kaninang umaga sabi ni Erwin."

"No...she was with me..."

Binitiwan ko ang baso ko at patakbong umakyat sa mga kwarto namin. I opened her room. It was tidy as if it wasn't used. I knew because she has always been sleeping with me.

Binuksan ko ang mga closet doon. All that's left were her gowns. Her clothes, guns, daggers are gone.

"No..." I whispered to myself.

May gumagapang na hindi maipaliwanag na damdamin sa loob ko. I didn't like it one bit.

Pumasok ako sa kwarto ko. There was a small piece of paper on my bedside table.

Take care always.

Three words. That's it?

Nilabas ko ang phone ko at tinawagan ito. It's either her phone was off or she wasn't really answering.

I even called Winter the same recording was being played.

Napaupo ako sa kama ko.

No..she didn't really leave me right?

She slept beside me. She was hugging me even. I felt her kiss me before she went asleep. I would've felt her leave my room. I should have felt her leave, right?

I tried calling her a couple of times but still no answer.

I went out of my room and grabbed my keys when I passed by Kiana who was sitting on the stairs.

"Princess. What are you doing there?"

She was clutching on the stuff toy the three of us won when we went to the arcade.

"Totoo ba Kuya? Umalis na si Ate Patch? Iniwan na niya tayo?"

Napabuntong-hininga ako. "I honestly don't know, princess. I am looking for her too."