3

[gif credits: the walking dead amino]

it's been a while

It was a couple hours after the group had escaped from Terminus, the fire was still burning. Taking a break from walking, the group takes some time to catch up with one another or introduce themselves to others.

(Name) looked at the woman with short brown hair, she hadn't said anything since (Name) had met her, so she walked up to her. The woman stood there, she looked a bit lost.

Hi.

"Hello." She said, her tone unsure. "Can I help you?"

I just saw you standing by yourself and wanted to meet you.

"Oh, sure." She said with a small smile, "What's the name, kid?"

(Name), I'm ten.

"You're that kid Glenn told me about." She said, a light bulb going off in her head, "The one and only, huh?"

Is that why you didn't ask why I didn't talk? The woman nodded. What did he say about me?

She chuckled before speaking, "He said for someone your age, you're pretty reliable." (Name) gave themself a fist bump, the woman chuckled some more.

Sorry, I kinda forgot to ask, but what's your name?

"Tara." She said.

I like that name.

"I like yours, too." She gave (Name) a bigger smile than the small smile she had moments before. Rick had suddenly walked up to the two, (Name) took it as their que to leave, "See you, kiddo."

(Name) waved and made their way to Carl and Judith. Carl and (Name) take turns feeding Judith. The two caught up with each other, telling the other one about the conflicts on the road, but also telling them good memories.

It was nighttime when the two started to realize how much time had passed. "Hey, you two." A voice had called out, it was Rick, he had come to tell the two that is was time to get some shut eye.

"Okay." Carl said.

•••

"(Name), hey.. kiddo." A gruffy voice calls out, (Name)'s eyes fluttered open. "Time to go."