8

relatable

It was later into the night, (Name) was still stuck at Rick's hip. Carol and Rick had planned on taking some of their weapons from the pantry, when Olivia came in, Carol took it as her signal to go. Rick looked down at (Name) and they looked up at him.

"I don't think I asked you yet.. how are you liking this place?" Rick asked.

(Name) made a 'sorta' sign with their hands. It reminded them of the world before everything started, in some ways, but they were so used to being on the road, they didn't really like being around so many people.

"I can see how, kiddo." Rick said, assuring (Name). Suddenly a woman called out Rick's name.

"Hey, Rick.." It was Jessie. "This is my husband, Pete."

"Hey, good to meet you." The man looked like he was in his mid-forties, blondeish-brownish hair, his hair parted to the left, had some stubble, and a bit taller than Rick. "I wanted to thank you for taking on being our constable. If we keep growing, we're gonna need even more."

"I hope so." Rick agrees.

"You want to come by my office next week? I'll take a look at you." Pete said, Rick and (Name) look at him with raised eyebrows. "And I probably should have said I was a doctor first."

"I think it sound nice either way." Jessie said, the trio chuckled a bit awkwardly.

"I'm going to get us a refill."

"Oh, I can do it." Jessie said.

"I'm on it." Pete said, taking a glass with him.

He gives me weird vibes.

"Having fun?" Jessie asked Rick, changing the subject.

"Yes, I am." Rick nods.

"That's kind of a stupid question, right?" Jessie asked, smiling.

"No.." Rick chuckles.

"Still this place still has an amazing view."

"Yeah."

"Yeah, take a look." Jessie and Rick look around, (Name) looks at Abraham, the lone ginger man was concerning him a bit. "Ordinary life like before. Well, not like before."

"No.."

"Yeah, no. I mean— I mean, it's better. Not out there, in here. You know, everyone's been through it somehow. Everyone. And a lot of tbings disappeared. But, a lot of bullshit went with it. They're all from totally different backgrounds, different places. They never would've even met and now they're part of each other's lives. They are each other's lives. I'm just shaing, we all lost things, but we got got something back. It isn't enough, but it's something." Jessie finished her speech.

When is her husband coming back?

Carl's voice made Rick turn, his son socializing with kids. It made him smile a bit, (Name) looked back too, they were glad that he wasn't stuck with just a ten year-old. Rick turned back to Jessie.

"Yeah, yeah, it's a pretty good view." Rick said.

Suddenly, a kid calls out 'mom,' Jessie turned and there was a kid with light brown hair, he was about (Name)'s age, maybe older. "Mom, there's no more cookies." The kid said.

"Oh." Jessie said, she put a hand on his shoulder.

"Well, I happen to know the cookie maker. She's a good friend of mine and I might be able to see about her making a whole batch just for you." Rick said, bending down to his height.

"Mom, he doesn't have a stamp." The kid said, Rick looked at Jessie, who replied with a simple 'oh.' "Do you want a stamp?"

"Sure." Rick said, the kid brought out a stamper and some red ink, he stamped Rick's hand's back, there was an 'A' on there.

"See? Now you're officially one of us." Jessie said.

The kid noticed (Name), who was standing behind Rick. "Do you want one?" He asked, (Name) shook their head.

"Sam!" An older kid yelled, it was Ron. He began to run off to his brother.

"Sam, wait, don't run." Jessie said, she then looked at Rick with a smile. "I'll see you later."

"Yeah." Rick said, Jessie walks off.

She seems nice, but her husband is kinda weird.

Rick chuckled a bit. (Name) thought that Rick could use a break from being glued to the hip with a ten year-old. They asked if they could go look for Carl or just mingle with the others, Rick agreed and they walked off.

When (Name) walked off, they noticed Sasha looking around the room with widened eyes. The child slowly approached the woman before tapping her shoulder. She turned and looked down to see them, looking at her with concern.

Are you okay?

She nodded, but (Name) could tell that she was lying.

If it's about there being too many people around you, I feel the same way too. Do you wanna talk about it?

Sasha shook her head before a woman asked what her favorite meal was. Sasha told the woman off, which caused most of the people in the room to look at her. (Name) just walked over and took Sasha's hand and took her away from the crowd.

(Name) kept the woman company until it was time to leave the party. It was in silence for some of it, but Sasha and (Name) enjoyed it after being surrounded by an amount of people who outnumbered the group. The party eventually ended and everyone went home, (Name) still wasn't sure what to think and expect from this new community.