6

new home?

It was after Rick and Company got interviewed by Deanna. Word spread around quickly that there was a new group in town. Deanna had made Rick's group put away their weapons, taking them whenever they'd go outside.

"They're still your guns. You can check them out whenever you go beyond the wall." Deanna said. "But inside here, we store them for safety."

"Should have brought another bin." A plus-sized woman with dark brown hair and glasses said, smiling. Carol smiled back at her.

•••

"Both of 'em?" Rick asks Aaron, Carl and (Name) standing next to Rick.

"At your disposal. I'd call dibs on that one. It's got more curb appeal." Aaron said, trying to make the mood a bit less awkward. "Listen, I know you're still feeling us out, but I'm glad you came. Anyway, Deanna's asked everyone to give you your space so they aren't all coming at you at once. Take your time, explore, you need anything, you call me. I don't—we don't have phones. I— I meant... I'm four houses down." Aaron pointed across the street.

"Thank you." Carl said.

"So..."

The trio made their way inside the house, Carl and (Name) make their way into the kitchen, while Rick looked around at the living room. Carl looks at the sink, out of curiosity, he lifts up the sink handle, water came out of it.

This signaled the trio to take a shower, all the dirt coming off of them. It felt so much better, after getting all that muck off of them.

After Rick was done in the shower, he decided to shave off his bear hair. Suddenly, a knock was heard. He made his way to the front door, Rick got out of the shower and went to go answer it.

But, (Name) beat him there. A woman with blonde hair, who was holding a bunch of stuff. greeted the child. "Hi, honey. Is there an adult home?" Before (Name) could answer, Rick came around the corner. She moved her gaze from (Name) to Rick.

"Hey. I work in the pantry. Deanna asked me to bring these over for you and your friends." She said.

"Thank you. We're just cleaning up." Rick said, taking the basket of stuff from the woman.

"I can see that. You still have some shaving cream on your chin." She said, chuckling. "I'm Jessie."

"Rick, and this is (Name)."

"Hello again, hon." Jessie said, smiling at the child, (Name) only waved.

"You know, I used to be a stylist.. and twelve other things." Jessie said, smiling. "I could give you a cut if you want."

"You don't even know me."

"I can take care of myself. Jessie said, smiling again.

•••

Jessie had been cutting Rick's hair. "I have two boys, Ron and Sam. Ron's my oldest boy. He's about your son's age. Sam's a bit older than (Name). I could introduce them. If that's okay with you and—" Jessie was interrupted by Rick.