7

party

(a/n: i am skipping to the party deanna hosted because i didn't really know where else (name) would go tbh 🔥🔥🚶)

~•~

My first impression of Aiden, that dude was obviously has mommy issues. Both Monroe sons did, poor Deanna had to deal with all the bullshit they caused her. The two of them would always have something to say about Deanna taking the group in, how we shouldn't have been taken in. But, I think those two were getting a desperately needed reality check.

After arriving at Alexandria, I thought things were going to be okay Deanna was going to be hosting a party, which was coming up, and I didn't want to go. I assume after being on the road with a the usual group of people I was with, I got overwhelmed with the number of new people that were going to be at Deanna's party, I just wasn't used to being around that amount of people.

When I told Rick about what I felt like doing, which was staying at the house, he unfortunately didn't take that as an option and convinced me go to the party. I also think that when he told me that Carl was going to the party as well, I think part of me wanted to go some more. Not going to lie, when I turned ten, I was an annoying piece of shit. I thought that finally being in the double digits made me so cool, but looking back, I was not.

But, it makes me glad I wasn't as annoying as Sam Anderson was. That kid followed Carol around, which was ultimately a mistake. I'll tell you about it later.

•••

(Name) was given a dress-up shirt by Rick, it was a simple gray button-up shirt, as well as some khakis, and a yellow cardigan. It was last minute when it was announced that Daryl wasn't going to be there.

(Name) felt anxious about it, Daryl was one of their main 'guardians'. They were always around him whenever they could be, but Daryl didn't want to go to the party. So, it made them note want to go either, but the adults thought that this would be a good way for (Name) to meet a couple of the children of Alexandria.

So, they were dragged out of the house and brought to Deanna's house, where some Alexandria residents were already socializing. When Carol, carrying some food, Carl and (Name) holding hands, and Rick holding Judith came inside, Deanna turned her head and came over with a bit of excitement.

"Oh, my." Deanna said, walking up to the group. "Welcome."

"Hi." Carol said with a smile.

"Oh, it's so good to see you. Hi, Carl, (Name). Thank you for coming." Deanna went on, walking up to Rick and looked down at Judith. "You know, I didn't get a chance to interview this one. I envy her."

"Why?" Rick asked.

"She'll get to see what this place will become. Come, come on in."

(Name) had decided to stick with Rick, who didn't really mind. Him and Carl did a trade, Judith now going with Carl. (Name) just held Rick's hand with their two smaller ones, playing with his hand here and there. It was their way of keeping calm with the new environment, not really used to being around this amount of people since the prison. (Name) looked at the adults, they were just talking still.

"You're Rick." A man with gray hair asked, he had glasses on, and was standing next to Deanna.

"Rick, this is my husband Reg." Deanna said, looking up at him with a smile.

"You're a pretty remarkable guy."

"How's that?" Rick asked, loolong around then squinting his eyes at Reg a bit.

"I watched the tapes. All of them. The things those people said about you, the things you did for them." Reg sounded amazed.

"Didn't you build that wall out there?" Rick asked.

"Yeah, I did, with help." Reg chuckled. "A lot of it. And it's a damned incredible achievement, but it's a wall.
Fifteen lives in this world? I think you have me beat."

"Well, we're standing behind that wall right now, dear. So let's call it a tie." The adults chuckle, while (Name) just stands there in confusion.

"Well, I'm glad you're here." Reg said, while doing that, he gives Rick a fancy glass. "Now, take a glass."

"I'm good." Rick said.

"You don't have to be." After a few seconds of Reg persuading him, Rick gives in and takes a glass, Reg laughs at bit at him. "There you go, go on. Right, welcome."

"Thank you."

The house door opens and Rick looks over at it, it was Jessie, the woman from earlier, her two sons, Ron and Sam and her husband, (Name) looked at Rick. They pulled on his sleeve and have him a teasing smile. He looks down at them and shook his head, they nodded.

(Name) thought that Lori was on his mind, they immediately signed out an apology and Rick assured them that it was unnecessary. Rick and them kept on talking until Carol came up to the duo. She started to speak to him as soon as the pantry lady came into the house, something about her taking a gun from the supply.

(Name) didn't think much of it, they just stayed with Rick for the rest of the night.
____

hey, sorry for not updating in a few months, i didn't expect this story to blow up like this. thanks for sharing your interest by reading and i hope you stick around, thanks again! i'll try to be more active with this story. thanks again <3