Chapter Seven-Cleo's POV

Oh my lord.

He's friend requested me. And follow requested me.

I'm a grown ass woman, currently laying on my bed, grinning from ear to ear, because a guy wants to follow me on Instagram. You're in trouble. My panther teases as I scroll through the pictures on his Instagram profile. He mostly has pictures of nature, but there's a couple of selfies and a good shirtless picture of him. I stare at that one for a moment too long.

That night I slept soundly for the first time in weeks. And my morning jog actually refreshed me like it was supposed to rather than wearing me out like it had been doing the past couple of weeks. I felt normal again and that made me happy. Because Ike makes you happy?

"Shut it." I say as I brush through my hair in the mirror. I didn't look like I had been out drinking all night for once. My eyes looked clear and fresh, my skin looked soft and healthy. While I was feeling happier right now, it also annoyed me a little how much the mate bond affects us. I mean, I didn't just miss him. It was like my battery was being drained. It had affected me both mentally and physically.

The next few days went by stupidly slow. I was angry at myself for how excited for our date I was. But I couldn't help myself; I've never really been on a real date before. Just hook ups. I went to iHop with a guy one time after we spent the night together. Does that count?

Ike texted me asking for my address, but I don't think I wanted him to know where I lived. Not because I thought he'd try to rob me or anything, I just want control of when I leave. If he drops me off back home, it'll be harder to make him leave then to just leave myself. He seemed a little annoyed at my request but said he would be waiting in the state park parking lot at 6:30.

What are you going to wear? I shrugged as I flicked through my closet. It was finally Friday night. I had been waiting all week for this. I wanted to see Ike. I also wanted to know what he had planned. I hope it isn't boring. You're going to be with your mate, I promise you it won't be boring. I scrunch up my nose and continue searching.

It was already 5:45. I needed to hurry because it takes a minute to get to the state park. "Fine." I spit out. I grab the only pair of jeans I own and tug them on roughly. I cuff the bottoms and pull on a pair of high-top Converse with thick platformed soles. These were my "nice" tennis shoes.

I grabbed a tight fighting, long sleeved, black shirt and put it on, followed by a gold necklace with a moon hanging from it. I glanced at my phone clock, 5:51.

I fast walked to the bathroom and looked at myself. Braid your hair. I nod in agreement. I braid it over one shoulder and back up to look at myself again. "How about now?" Acceptable.

I grin and turn off the light before hurrying to grab my bag and leave. As I hurried to my car, I found myself wondering if Ike was this excited. Or was I just being stupid?

At that thought I made myself stop for a moment. I made myself remember to keep a cool head. I wouldn't embarrass myself by trying to do too much too fast. I nodded and resumed my path to my car.

I can do this.

I can't fucking do this.

I had pulled into the state park parking lot at six forty-two. I caught almost every red light on my way out of town, of course. Ike had been standing outside, leaning against his big black SUV with his arms crossed, staring off into the forest with an annoyed expression on his face.