Chapter Eighteen

I was currently pulling out every pair of pants I owned, trying to find something that wasn't black leggings or the one pair of jeans in my collection. I had worn those last time with Ike and I didn't want him to think I only owned one pair of actual pants. Even though I did only own one pair of actual pants.

I mean, I have work pants. Slacks and a couple skirts. But I'm not wearing fucking slacks to a bonfire in the woods with a bunch of werewolves. And I don't want to look like I'm trying too hard by wearing a skirt. And what if someone tries to fight me and I end up panty flashing everyone while I'm locked in glorious combat?

You're way over thinking this. You're probably right. I think as I sit on the edge of my bed, surrounded by my discarded and rejected clothes. It's just a bonfire. It'll be cold. Just wear a nice hoodie and your boots. I know the only reason my panther was helping me right now was because she was worried I'd freak myself out and not go. And?

In the end, I listened to her. I wore a dark gray fuzzy hoodie with thick strings hanging down from the hood. Black leggings with the bottoms cuffed and my thick soled doc martins. I put on lashes, eyeliner, mascara, and some blush. I left my hair down. It only took me twenty minutes to get myself ready once I had an outfit picked out, but I had stressed so much over what to wear that all together it took me almost an hour and a half to get my shit together.

The whole time I was getting ready in my room I could hear Ike in my living room watching videos on my TV. He would snort every once in a while, and it made my heart swell with happiness. It was nice, hearing someone else in my apartment.

"I'm ready. Sorry for taking so long." I say once I finally step into Ike's line of view in the living room. His eyes scan me up and down.

"I thought you'd come out in a ball gown or something."

"Sorry to disappoint." I shrug and reach my hand out towards him. "Will you stop at a liquor store on the way there? I don't want to show up empty handed." He grabs my hand and lets me pull him up, nodding yes to my request. Mmm... vodka. That's what I needed. To slurp down rubbing alcohol all night and embarrass myself in front of Ike. No, I told myself I would have fun tonight.

I won't overthink every action I take.

I was currently standing in a small liquor store that was about two miles away from my apartment. It only had a few aisles, and one younger looking guy working the register. Or playing on his phone rather. He's tall and lean, covered in tattoos. If I wasn't mated, he would definitely be my type.

I was trying to decide between a case of beer, or what I actually wanted, a bottle of mango flavored vodka. I sighed. I'd already been in here for way too long. Ike was probably getting impatient, waiting in the car.

You're overthinking. I thought we weren't doing that. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the bottle of vodka, then went to the fridge and grabbed a pack of beer. Fuck it. I wouldn't ruin my own mood by over analyzing even the smallest of details.

"Is this it?" Asked the cashier as I deposited my items on the counter. I nod, digging in my wallet for my ID and debit card. "You live around here?" I flick my eyes up now, looking at him carefully. I thought he might try and hit on me. I felt him watching me when I first walked in. 

"No." I lied. I don't know him. Why should I tell him anything?

"Too bad. I'm going to a kickback later, wanted to know if you wanted to tag along." He's bagging up my vodka now, slowly. I stare into his eyes. I want to look away out of discomfort, but I don't want to look weak.