Chapter 2

The plot is the only thing that is mine.

Helga, Godric, Salazar, Rowena 

I was yanked out of my rather dreamless sleep by a rolling shock of magic. My head was spinning, making me confused. When my thoughts settled, I sat up in shock. I remembered. I remembered everything. My life as Helga Hufflepuff. My death, soon followed by being born again. Remembering everything from my rebirth as Luna Lovegood. The ritual had worked! Wait, the spell! Hogwarts must be in danger. Maybe it was Voldemort. I wouldn't be surprised.

Then a thought came to mind. The others. Where are they? Who are they? I sure hope I know them. The link. I nearly facepalmed. I forgot that we had linked our minds together. Closing my eyes, I focused on the connection. Opening it.

Salazar? Rowena? Godric? Are you there? I asked. The connection hummed as their responses came.

Helga? Is that you? You have no idea how much I have missed you. It is good to know that I'm not the only one still alive.

I am surprised to hear your voices. Good to know that we are still together.

Everyone. While it is good to talk with one another like we used to, the fact that we remember who we are means that the spell I left in the castle has been used. Our school is in danger. It may be Voldemort, but I don't think it is.

Rowena, love, calm down. It would be better if we talked about this in person.

'Ric, the only way we can meet up is if we know who we reincarnated as. I rolled my eyes at the two of them.

Helga is right. We will not revert to our real forms for at least another month. Or the change will take some time to fully take hold. I would say a couple months given the current age of my reincarnated self. It could very well be both of those scenarios.

Now who's ranting?

None of that! Who is going to share first? I guarantee that mine is very ironic.

Is that a challenge, or a fact? Mine is probably just as ironic.

Sal, just share! I yelled in their heads. Just like old times. The bickering will never fully stop, will it?

I got reincarnated as...Harry Potter.

Ha! That is too good! You ended up in my house. You are Gryffindors Golden boy! Godric started laughing like a maniac.

Oh, ha ha.

Ok, my turn! I am Luna Lovegood.

Really? My house? Well, sorry about the nicknames. I'm Hermione Granger.

My house. Why?

It's ok. 'Ric, your turn.

...I am Draco Malfoy.

And you had the audacity to laugh at me. You are the Ice Prince of Slytherin! That is honestly sad and funny at the same time! Now Salazar was laughing like a maniac. A thought occurred to me. Godric is Draco, the pureblood elitist, and Rowena is Hermione, the so-called mudblood that Draco hates, but they are married.

Now that you mention that... Did I say that thought? Oops.

My father will not be hearing about this. Everyone laughed. We all agreed to meet up in Diagon Alley the next day. Sal might be late, as he was at the Durselys' still. I don't envy him one bit. Then we all said goodnight. I slowly drifted off to sleep.

One puzzle piece is unveiled. What will happen next? Who saw this coming? Who was blindsided?

-Museo7