Chapter 6

This is the disclaimer, I only own the plot.

Rowena, Salazar

I managed to get back to the Dursleys without being found out that I was even gone. Of course, that didn't mean that I had a good day. Far from it. Dudley had approached me at the local park, and insulted Cedric. After that, the both of us had been chased by Dementors. They trapped us in a tunnel. One was close to kissing Dudley when I cast my patronus. My cousin, no matter how bad, did not deserve that. The shape had not changed surprisingly. Not that it won't at some point. However, in my past life it was a honey badger.

Anyway, Dudley was a mess, I had to carry him home. Once there, I explained to Aunt Petunia that he was ill, and could use some hot chocolate. No need to bring up the Dementors when I had used my original wand that was made before the stupid trace was even implemented. If I had not, I probably would have been put on trial and not been able to get a single word of my defense in.

That night, Rowena decided to tell me something she had discovered.

Sal, I found out something that you should know.

What is it?

My mum is your mum's cousin!

What?

Yes, Petunia and Lily Evans had a cousin by the name of Emma Evans. That is my mum's maiden name! I asked her about it. We are coming to visit tomorrow. Be prepared to pretend that you don't know this.

Okay. This was unexpected, but not unwelcome. If you can get me out of here, then I owe you.

I was woken up to make breakfast. I was somehow the best cook in the house. Of course the Dursleys are still extremely picky. They wouldn't bother me too much. Not since I told them about my godfather and his threat. I was given a few chores to do. I sneakily used magic to speed up the cleaning. So I was done by lunchtime. It was before Aunt Petunia could tell me to make lunch when the doorbell rang. It was a weekend, and they were not expecting anyone.

"Answer the door, would you?" Aunt Petunia said. I went to open the door, to find Mrs. Granger along with Hermione. I just stared.

"Who is it?" My aunt then saw who was at the door, "Emma?"

"Hello Petunia, sorry for not staying in contact, but I was in the area, and decided to get to know what has been going on. Let me introduce my daughter Hermione. But if I am not mistaken, is this your friend, Harry?" Hermione nodded.

"Wait. You two know each other?" Aunt Petunia hesitated. Then sighed, "yes, this is my cousin." My eyes widened. No one could say that I couldn't act. Petunia let them in. Hermione then hugged me, in time for Uncle Vernon and Dudley to see.

"What is going on? Who are you?"

"I'm Petunia's cousin. I assume that you are her husband and son." Vernon nodded then glared at me. I ignored him.

"This is a surprise. I had no idea that we were related."

"Me either."

"Where did you meet her?" Dudley suddenly asked. Hermione looked at him, "we met in our first year at Hogwarts."

"What?" Dudley looked in shock. Meanwhile Mrs. Granger tried to explain some things to her cousin.

"My daughter did some research, and found that the Evans are a squib line. Though, if I knew that her friend Harry was Lily's son, I would have visited much earlier."

"Squib line?"

"That means that the family has magic, but cannot access it. Based on the trend, it is likely that one of your son's future children would be accepted to Hogwarts." It took about two hours to calm down Uncle Vernon. In that time, Petunia decided that it would be best if I went with the Grangers for the rest of the summer. I packed up, and left with them.

When we got to the Granger residence, we surprised Hermione's dad with our story. He agreed to let me stay with them. Before bed, we had a conversation with the other founders about what had happened.

A few days later, some witches and wizards came over. Namely: Mad-Eye Moody, Remus Lupin, and a woman with bubblegum pink hair. She was introduced as Nymphadora Tonks. They were shocked to see me there.

"Harry? We didn't know that you were here."

"Oh, I was looking through my family tree, and saw that my mum was an Evans. Apparently we are second cousins. Mum managed to get Harry away from the awful Dursleys for the rest of the summer." They shared a few looks.

"Well, since you are here, might as well tell you. We are members of something called the Order of the Phoenix. A group that Dumbledore made during the last war. Your parents were members as well. We were sent here to take Miss Granger to headquarters with the permission of her parents, but it looks like we should take you as well." Lupin said.

"Will they be safe? Hermione is my only child, and Harry is the only thing left of my cousin."

"Safer than here, that is assured." It took a while for the Order to get the permission of the Grangers, but in the end they did. With a hug goodbye, we were on our way to headquarters. I found out a lot of stuff that night. Like my godfather, Sirius, owned the place. It was under Fidelius, and the Weaslys were already there. Also, apparently I was not supposed to show up for another month. That would have sucked. I was a little surprised to see Snape there. He was a spy. Oh, that makes sense. Everyone was shocked to find out that Hermione and I were related. This was going to be fun.

I know, it could use work. But this is fairly long. I may have also shifted the timeline a bit. If you can guess who's pov is next, gold star. Also, please comment. This story has none so far.

-Museo7